1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we restrict users uploading images from seeing the other images on the server

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by 123, Jun 14, 2010.

Is there any way to allow users to upload images in Joomla without showing them the other files on the server?

I am working on a Joomla site where users can register and add their articles and related images. But I noticed that the users have to first upload the images to the images/stories folder and then select the appropriate one from all the other images in the folder.

Can we restrict the user from viewing the other images on the server?

Is there any extension that you would suggest?

Thanks

123, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. SixFigureDesign

SixFigureDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Juga for user restriction? It controls what your users can see and do on the Front End and Back End of your site.

I have used this extension before and it works well, but it's a little difficult to set up at first. It's worth purchasing their support for 6 months so they can assist you with setting it up.

Speak with Dioscouri.com first to see if this is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.dioscouri.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=91&Itemid=13

SixFigureDesign, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. dipenrique

dipenrique Peon

Best Answers:
    explore the joomla modules and components in the official site.You will get something good and free

dipenrique, Jun 22, 2010 IP