1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can we make 500$ per month with even one site with few yet content pages

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by ishika, May 31, 2006.

hello.is it possible to make one good unique content sites with good ads belnding about 5 to 10 pages doing good seo and expecting around 500 or more$ per month after 3 4 months of starting.

ishika, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you need visitors....Lots of visitors

Getting that many after 3 or 4 months is dependant on your resources.

yfs1, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    - one site
    - (even) one page
    - thousands of visitors
    - lots of time and effort
    - thousand dollars
    - million of smiles

AdsenseAddict, May 31, 2006 IP
  4. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I agree with yfs1, it all (well mainly) depends on getting the traffic.

As an example:
    Say your average CPC is $0.20
    That means you need 2,500 clicks to get $500
    If your CTR is 2% then you need get 125,000 page views a month to make $500

CTR can be improved but the biggest (and practically unlimited) factor is traffic.

dct, May 31, 2006 IP
  5. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make a $1,000,000 from a single page.

Anything is possible.

hextraordinary, May 31, 2006 IP
  6. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Possible? yes. Likely? No.

Well I sort of depends. OK say you start a site from scratch and don't plan to invest much more into other than a domain name, hosting and time you are probably going to struggle to get the site pulling traffic from serach engines in the first month so you will be relying on alternative traffic sources (which traditionally are far from ideal). By the second month you will most likely be indexed by MSN and maybe Yahoo, or at least be on your way to being. Yet unliess youyou have done some SERIOUS backlink building chances are your rankings in those SE's will still be far from outstanding and only trickling traffic.

Maybe in your third or forth month you will have estbalhised some firm positions in some search engines, and may even be ranking in Google (though I wouldn't expect too much if anything from them), but I'd imagine unless your really know your SEO and have spent some serious time on both your on-page and (more importantly) off-page SEO you will find that the traffic from the search engines will still only be couple of hundreds uniques a day - assuming you are tackling a "semi-popular" not too competive industry, if you are going for a really competitive industry then scratch your hops or REALLY good traffic for SEs in the first 2 - 3 months.

So what it would take to get traffic from SE's is all wel and good, but just how much do you need to make $500 a month. Well let's assume you have an industry which pays fairly well (and most don't) so let's so you get around an average of $0.50 a click (personally I think the figure is generous but we will go with it). And let say with some great help from your friends here at DP you manage to put some top quality integration into your site that pulls, let's say a 5% CTR. So at 50cents a click you'd need 1000 clicks a month to make your $500. To get 1000 clicks a month you'd need 20,000 impressions. So that's around 700 impressions a day, and lets say your visitors look at 3 - 4 pages a day per visit, that would mean you'd need 200 unique visitors a day.

So it's possible. Both those figures are on the high end and are somewhat of a best case scenario IMHO. If you recalculate with what I'd call much more realistic figures of $.25 per click and maybe a CTR of 2% then you be looking at needing 1000+ unique visitors a day. A whilst there are experienced people out there that probably can pull it off, but 1000 unique visitors a day after 3 months is a bit dreamy in my opinion.

Burta, May 31, 2006 IP
    dct likes this.
  7. ishika

ishika Peon

Best Answers:
    ok so if going by the conservative figure of o.20cpc and .20 ctr where i need 1000+unique visitors everyday it can generate 500$ monthly with one site.and i even know all about seo so i will also be constantly doing that writing articles press release building links ,then can i expect if not after 3 - 4 months may be after months that much of earning.i mean what people do to bring that much of traffic and unique vistors.

ishika, May 31, 2006 IP
  8. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In two words... Search Engines... not your sole source of traffic by all mean but they will no doubt be a fairly large part of most sites that receieves 100+ visitors.

I didn't mean to put you off starting out or anything either because you can do it. Someone I know recently made a site over period of about 2-3 months and they are now earning around $60-80/day from that one site with around 50 content pages about a topic they love. So it definitely can be done... but by the sounds of it you have a very uphill battle and I would start off by reading loads of posts not only in this forum but in the Search Engine Optimisation forums.

Burta, May 31, 2006 IP
  9. ishika

ishika Peon

Best Answers:
    ya burta i really learnt from your words ,it didnt discourage me anyway.i will have to more focus and work dedicatedly towards my site.and will need to submit to dirctories and link building etc,

ishika, May 31, 2006 IP
  10. ghosthost

ghosthost Peon

Best Answers:
    focus one project always good than focus on a lot of project
    but, when one project already given you nice earning,
    its time to go to the next project

ghosthost, May 31, 2006 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    A better question may be "Why would you try?"

If you're going to do this, DO IT. Don't stop at 5-10 pages.

You should be able to write 4 good content pages a day. Each page of content will earn you the opportunity to compete for a new SERP.

There is a lot of money to be made in the less-competitive search terms.

Will.Spencer, May 31, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  12. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dude,
    Getting $500 a month from adds is no big deal. I know clinets earning $5000 a month. But from one single website, no. If a site has potential to prodice $500 a month through adds, then imagine the number of visitors it should be having. And with such a large volume of visitors should you not feel the need for direct business instead of addsense?

And with 5-10 pages this is impractical because to get top ranking for top keywords, you need to have top number of pages. And if you are not top then you have less visitors and hence less revenue.

mirainfo, May 31, 2006 IP
  13. Joshman1204

Joshman1204 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you limit yourself to adsense? If you have 5-10 content pages you should be able to find atleast a couple of affiliate programs that will allow you to sell some sort of product relating to you content.

Joshman1204, May 31, 2006 IP
  14. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. But frind do you think any visitor will stick to your site when he finds you have 10 pages and all filled with adds and banners?

mirainfo, May 31, 2006 IP
  15. Joshman1204

Joshman1204 Peon

Best Answers:

This is not always true, I have seen a single page site rank #1 on G even when the number 2 and 3 site had over 1000 pages each.

Joshman1204, May 31, 2006 IP
  16. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can bring in the traffic, $500/month is a walk in the park. Depending on how much your niche pays, of course, will determine just how much traffic you need. Generally speaking, 1,000 uniques/day is minimum, unless your site has high-paying ads, in which case you could make do with less.

jackburton2006, May 31, 2006 IP
  17. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my site got $20.43 in 1 week with just 1 page..and it wasnt even a live site before.. so anyhting is possible..i have now added more content anout 3 more pages and it is doubling about every week or so..quality content is key to get the returning visiotrs

timallard, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  18. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the danger here is that there'll be too much good advise given at one go, so much so that it may seem confusing.
    Start by setting some realistic goals. when you hit them, move the bar higher and try to achieve them as well. If you fail, well, there's always DP :p

projectw3, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  19. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add more pages to your website. I earn $50 on May

20. rocklover1980

rocklover1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    so good info, thanks for sharing

rocklover1980, Jun 3, 2006 IP