1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can We have an FBA product and a version of a non-FBA on the same page?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by xarzu, May 11, 2021.

I have a quick question. I have been looking at the videos on Seller University and I am not so sure this specific question is going to be addressed. I want to have two versions of the same product on a single page. I want to get rid of the inventory I had that did not yet have a bar code on it. So can I have an FBA version that is sold as such and also have some sort of "Original" or Demo version also sold on the same page that is not sold via FBA?
    So I stumbled on this page on Quora. https://www.quora.com/Can-I-have-both-FBA-and-home-sales-at-the-same-time
    It asks, "Can I have both FBA and home sales at the same time?"
    And the answer is: "Yes, many sellers are both FBA and FBM (fulfilled by Merchant) at the same time. Seller Central allows you to specify which products are sent to Amazon to be fulfilled, and which will be fulfilled directly."
    But what I would like to know is if I can have two versions of the same product where one has a bar code and is FBA and the other does not which is FBM.

xarzu, May 11, 2021 IP
  2. Ike Copeland

Ike Copeland Banned

Best Answers:
    It is possible to have both an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) product and a non-FBA product on the same page, but it will depend on the specific platform or marketplace where you are selling the products.

On Amazon, for example, you can have multiple versions of the same product listed on the same page, as long as each version is sold by a different seller. In this case, one version could be sold by you and fulfilled by Amazon (FBA), while the other version could be sold by you and fulfilled by you (non-FBA).

However, on other platforms, like your own website, you can list both versions of the product on the same page, as long as you make it clear which version is FBA and which is not.

It's important to keep in mind that FBA products and non-FBA products may have different pricing, shipping, and return policies, so it's important to clearly communicate those to customers.

Also, when it comes to optimization, you may want to have different versions of the same product listed on different pages or sections of your website in order to make it easy for customers to find the version they are looking for and compare them.

Ike Copeland, Jan 14, 2023 IP
  3. Faustino Sheppard

Faustino Sheppard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is possible to have two versions of the same product on the same page, where one version is sold via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and the other version is sold via Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) on Amazon or other marketplaces.

As a seller on Amazon, you can list multiple versions of the same product as long as each version is sold by a different seller. In your case, one version of the product would be sold via FBA and have a barcode, while the other version would be sold via FBM and not have a barcode.

You can specify which products are sent to Amazon to be fulfilled by FBA and which will be fulfilled directly by you as the merchant in your inventory settings. It's important to keep in mind that ent and FBM products may have different pricing, shipping, and return policies, so it's important to clearly communicate those to customers.

It's also important to note that when it comes to the product page, you should make it very clear which version is FBA and which is FBM. This way, customers can make an informed decision about which version they want to purchase.

It's also worth mentioning that some marketplaces may have different policies regarding the selling of the same product with different fulfilment methods, so be sure to check their guidelines.

Faustino Sheppard, Jan 14, 2023 IP