1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we and how to copy one website to other

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dreamsr4ever, Jan 19, 2013.

Can we copy one website to other website and port complete all code, functionality etc. OR may be only partial code/pages/functionality. If feasible, how easily can this be done.

dreamsr4ever, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  2. tamarisk

tamarisk Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to copy the code of a website already online then that is not advisable-you would basically be stealing copyrighted code. Is this what you are trying to do?

tamarisk, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  3. dreamsr4ever

dreamsr4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely NOT. I am seeing that I have to develop websites with multiple domain names but very similar content. So it's all my own copyrighted material that i am sharing with my own websites. I just want to know how easy/difficult it is to guide me deciding shall I go for multiple domains or single one. I prefer multiple domains if I can really copy functionalities/pages from one website to others.

4. tamarisk

tamarisk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything with my question. I think if you are using html and CSS then you can easily copy and paste code and duplicate the code for other sites and layouts. If you are using Wordpress I think you can get software to copy the content and duplicate it.

tamarisk, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  5. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What base are you using for that website? Simply HTML files or are you using a CMS that is storing content and settings in a database?

Hefaistos, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  6. dreamsr4ever

dreamsr4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's another question I am still answering, most likely I will go with Drupal..if not WordPress. I need the website with e-commerce with e-learning features and lot of interactive UI. Folks are suggesting that Drupal will be the right choice for this kind of complex requirement.

7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are planning on using the same theme for various websites what about setting up a WordPress multisite and use the same theme and customize it via the standard Wordpress options?

Sensei.Design, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  8. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great question dreamsr4ever, and it depends on your goal. If you are using multiple domains for advertising purposes, absolutely. Just don't use the exact same content, and best if you don't spin the same content. Regarding the website itself, it's very easy to clone in any CMS, and I do it in WP all the time. You just simply do a search and replace for the domains, the server path throughout the website, and then change your DB settings. I hope that helps.

Rodder7, Jan 20, 2013 IP