1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we add all the Dynamic pages in Google Sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Dziner, Jul 12, 2007.

If I include the dynamic pages in the Google sitemap will it be an advantageous in terms of SE sturation or is a waste of time?

Further more, is it any way good to increase the number of pages indexed by Google by changing the pages from https://support.myclientsite.com (unknowingly created by my client) to the https://support.myclientactualsite.com (Where I decided it should be).

Dziner, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  2. permaximum

permaximum Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a waste of time...

permaximum, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  3. humble.techy

humble.techy Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the content is of good quality and doesn't duplicated in a different url, there is no harm in submitting it google.

Use mod_rewrite in apache to rewrite all the traffic from your old site to new site, google should automatically update it's index over a period of time.

humble.techy, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  4. alignak

alignak Peon

Best Answers:
    I use dynamic urls.
    How would you create a sitemap, on a phpbb forum, with no seo?

alignak, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  5. Northie

Northie Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a great benefit

Even if you can only think of 1000 URLs that your database can generate, once you submit it to a gogole sitemap, you'll find you've got 10 000 pages in the index.

Google sitemaps is a great way to get your pages into the index really quickly.

You probably won't rank highly for your keywords solely on using a sitemap, but it will help with getting traffic from all the obscure searches that people do.

Most pages will go into the supplemental index, but don't worry about that, just throw a few links at the important ones and follow these steps to help get out of the supplemental index

Northie, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  6. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no difference between dynamic and static pages beyond:
    • SEO: Url address (but in most cases will not hurt much and can easily be resolved by e.g. mod_rewrite)
    • SEO: Some database systems create many similar pages (mostly not that big a problem)

For a crawler (e.g. A1 Sitemap Generator, Google, whatever) there is no difference between static and dynamic pages.

websitetools, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    there will be nodifference for sitemap.

sitemaps can include dynamic and static. it will not be problem for google

trichnosis, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  8. design2host

design2host Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always include Dynamic links to the Sitemap but its always recommended that you use something like ISAPI or the URL Rewrite . This has been found to be more efficient for my websites. I have near 21000 Pages indexed using google sitemaps for one of my site http://www.roosterhotel.com Please note that there are only 3 files in the whole site the rest come from a database. The 3 files are
    1. Index page
    2. Country List
    3. Hotel List.

Yes there is one more page which is the Sitemap file which lists all the hotels (nearly 3-4000 per page which is also dynamic) though all the pages look static HTML ;)

You can check that the site has been crawled. But i recommend that you dont put in 21000 pages like i did as you will surely be sandboxed (I am sandboxed since the past 3 montsh adn am sure that i will be for nearly 6 months more)

Regards
    Rajeev

design2host, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  9. Dziner

Dziner Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Rajeev, apart from the 3 pages you mentioned how could you manage to trigger the hotel images related to the cities on your website.

Cheers,
    Dziner

Dziner, Aug 23, 2007 IP