1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Url Hurt SERP???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mekap04, Jul 31, 2008.

When I first created my blog, I didnt know as much about seo as I do now (which is really not that much) and my url doesnt match my main keywords at all. Will that hurt my rankings for my keywords?

I dont mind sharing my info so my keyword phrase that I am trying to rank for is "ways to earn extra money" and my url is "freemoneymakingresources.blogspot.com". As you can see, my url doesnt really pertain to that keyword phrase. Even my title is called "ways to earn extra money" but I changed that after realizing many people dont search for the phrase "free money making resources". Does anyone have any information on this?

mekap04, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    It wont hurt your rankings at all.

It would be a benefit to have the keywords in the domain but it wouldn't have a negative affect when you don't have them. ;)

cormac, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    ssandecki likes this.
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, but it would have helped you if your URL pertained to your targeted keywords.

If you want a surefire example, look at http://tizag.com - the name is obviously rubbish, but they get on first and second results for almost every PHP topic in the universe. I'm sure they rank well for other things such as their CSS and MySQL tutorials, but I don't browse those so I don't know for sure.

Don't worry. Just make good content, get good backlinks, and Google will do the rest for you regardless of the URL.

zac439, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't of said this better myself. Excellent! +REP :D

astup1didiot, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. kawaii

kawaii Banned

Best Answers:
    it will not bring any negative effect but it would have help if your url obtain your keywords... but anyway worry not cause it's no harm..

kawaii, Aug 1, 2008 IP