1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can this be trademarked?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by chrisj, Mar 1, 2017.

I'm learning about trademarks, and am wondering, say you essentially put two common words together and want to trademark it, or I guess actually, service mark, like cameraMystery (for example), for a photo web site, can that type of word, be a legitimate potential trademark name?

Also, as I read up on trademarking, at USPTO, it states that everything on your application is made public, even during the process. So, essentially, someone could see that cameraMystery(for example) is being applied for, and they could also apply for that name, at the same time, and get it if my application falls out for whatever reason, correct?

chrisj, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  2. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a blog with some great information from a trademark, copyright and entertainment attorney licensed in California: http://iangibson.com/about-ian-gibson-esq/. You may find answers to your questions here. Good luck!

Best Seller, Mar 8, 2017 IP
  3. JohnMl75

JohnMl75 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    About your questions:

-Yes you can, though before filing the registration, I would suggest you perform a trademark search and see if a similar trademark is already registered.

-You do not need to worry about this, as you filed first the trademark, you have priority over anyone trying to register it.

JohnMl75, May 16, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.