1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can subdomain work good?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by adwaitk007, Nov 8, 2012.

Hello,
    I am new to Amazon affiliate. In fact I am new to such programs. Since I don't have money to purchase new domain, I started a new subdomain and made it my Amazon shop. My question is, is there any chance of getting any sale through this subdomain? Do the subdomain carries any importance?

I shall be highly obliged if you review my sports store.
    Any suggestions and tips to generate some money through Amazon are much appreciated! !

Regards,
    Adwait

adwaitk007, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it can work, as long as you can market it well.
    You have it linked from your main site which should work well considering it is sports related as well, just keep an emphasis on visiting the store for your visitors. Maybe at a call to action box after your articles with details on the store and a link to it.

JyeP, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can setup the subdomain. You need to promote it in order to make some sales.

himanuzo, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  4. adwaitk007

adwaitk007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankk you both of you. Just curious to get some tips about promotion. Also I just saw about 27 clicks and zero conversion not in hurry though but what's the average conversion rate? Also in terms of natural traffic

adwaitk007, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  5. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    No real answer for that question, it will all be based on your niche and target audience as to what your conversion rate will be.
    27 is quite low though so keep promoting and you should hopefully see some results.

JyeP, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  6. TwitTwit

TwitTwit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course, no problem in making sales using sub domain, just like when you use blogspot.com or wordpress.com

TwitTwit, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  7. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you can't invest money to buy a custom domain, you can invest more time to promote your store. One problem with subdomain is you get a lower reputations compare to other Amazon publisher with custom domain. However, if you are good in SEO, soon or later they will buy amazon product through your site.

unknownpray, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  8. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you say it would give you a lower reputation?

People are looking to buy a product, if your site has quality content and information about the product why would someone care if it is a sub domain or not? It is all about marketing, if you market the product just as well or better than someone with a TLD then it doesn't matter if you are using a sub domain.
    If anything you actually get a boost from a subdomain in terms of SEO because it is a part of a high PR domain.

JyeP, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  9. danish001

danish001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off course you can create a sub-domain and start working on it not an Issue.

danish001, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  10. Eddiesharpp

Eddiesharpp Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, off course Sub domain is useful and you can easily create it. It is also called third level domain, which may be useful to organize a content of your website. It is also a part of main domain, so we can use it instead of Domain.

Eddiesharpp, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  11. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A little confusing because I expected store to be the main domain and sportsstatsblog the subdomain. I think it would have been nice if you could have done it sportsstatsblog.store.com which gives you more options to create logical/meaningful subdomains.

dess71, Dec 24, 2012 IP