1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can someone walk me through some basics.... ?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by IanT, Aug 19, 2011.

Just trying to dip my foot into drupal and see if its right for me. I am trying to create just a basic structure that I can add content to. Home, About, Forum, Store, etc.... (the tabs on top) which would lead to static pages with content not stickied on top of other pages but ONLY on that page so it looks like a legit business site.

how do I do this? Im so confused I have read a few things out there but need something step by step for creating just a basic framework so I can learn the process..

Thanks!

IanT, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  2. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Ubercart for store, Drupal has its own forum, for the About Page and Home Page, you can use the page modules. Not that difficult. Just install and play with it for sometime and you will gradually understand. If you have used others CMSes such as Joomla or Wordpress then it should be pretty easy though the learning curve is more than the other two popular CMSes.

waziuz, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  3. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think im starting to get the hang of it a little! ill look into ubercart! thanks

IanT, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes, create a page and use the menu system to display a link to your page.
    You have to hang on to drupal because it is really a good cms but quite confusing at first, just stick with it and you'll see in a matter of days/weeks you won't regret it!

JamesColin, Aug 28, 2011 IP