1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Someone Tell Me What's Going On?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 17, 2014.

I originally had an AdSense account associated with a gaming website that no longer exists. I ended up deleting the gmail account associated with that AdSense account. Years later, when I set up my current website, http://lcws.net, I tried to also set up AdSense, but Google wouldn't let me and said I already had an approved account under my old email address (which no longer even existed). It took me over 6 months to finally get Google to understand that I didn't have access to this email address and thus could not access the AdSense account, so they switched the account over to my current email address.

Anyway, I immediately placed the AdSense code in the sidebar of my site and waited for Google to approve it. During that time, I had this ugly blank space on my sidebar and after another 6 months, it still hasn't been approved. When I log into my account, I immediately see "Your application for lcws.net is under review. You'll only see blank ads until your account has been fully approved. Learn more. Or resubmit using a different website."

It has been six months and still nothing! I eventually just took down the code and added Chitika. Does anyone have a clue why Google hasn't approved or denied my application, just left it in limbo? I can't ask them because Google does not have customer support for AdSense and the last time I tried to get someone on the phone, I was on hold 5 hours.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you applying for a new adsense account for? Why can't you use the old account?
    It is not permitted to open a second adsense account.

Agent000, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  3. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a "new" account. The "old account" was associated with an email address that no longer exists and it would not allow me to login to it. So in order for me to use my existing Adsense account, I had to transfer it to my new email address, which I did. The account is the same one, but the website I have it linked to is different and it is the current website that is being "reviewed.

4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Why is it being reviewed? It sounds that you have applied for a new account. Why can't you just log into your old adsense account and add the code to your site. ... you don't submit each new site to google for approval!

5. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    You don't know much about how Google works, do you? I really feel stupid having to explain this here... Once you delete an email address, you cannot login to any Google products that were set up under that email address. Period. If you had Adsense, Adwords, Webmaster tools, or anything else, once that email address gets deleted you lose access to all of these services. Once you delete a Gmail account, it can never be recreated, so anything associated with it is lost to you forever. However, despite the fact that you are unable to login, the Adsense account you no longer have access to still exists in Google's system, so you cannot just create another account.

In order for me to use my Adsense account, I had to get Google to re-assign it to my current, active email address, so I could log in, which they did, after about 6 months of me pestering them about it. Now the website I am trying to place ads on is not the website I originally set my Adsense account up for. This means that before Google will allow me to place ads on my new website, they have to review my site to ensure that it meets their criteria. And this is the problem because they've been "reviewing" my site for 6 months now and have not made any decision as to whether to approve or deny it.

6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    ...yet you are the one that is not getting your account working ... go figure!

7. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    LMAO dude, do you just enjoy being an ass? See the print screen:

[​IMG]

It's been like this for 6 months. I simply asked if someone knew why it was taking Google so long to finish the review process.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014