1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone teach me ASP.net

Discussion in 'C#' started by infoking3, May 7, 2006.

Are there any good books, written for a true beginner on the market? I want to learn ASP.net, but most authors tend to speak to a more advanced audience.

infoking3, May 7, 2006 IP
  2. doronty37

doronty37 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you're new to web programming, you should learn html first.
    for asp.net, i think "teach yourself asp.net in 21 days" is the best one.

doronty37, May 9, 2006 IP
  3. jfilley

jfilley Peon

Best Answers:
    My favorite are the ones published by Microsoft Press, however they are more in depth. I have looked through some of the dummies series of books on different topics and I think they tend to speak in the easiest terms. I have a buddy that bought one on PHP. He is not very technical and it has helped him get the basic understanding he needs. After that you can jump into a more advanced book.

jfilley, May 9, 2006 IP
  4. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    I learned ASP (Classic) from this site, they updated a while back to be ASP.NET. Excellent resource, starts with the basics and walks through everything.

http://www.learnasp.com/freebook/learn/

(I have no affiliation)

Thanks
    J

jaymcc, May 10, 2006 IP
  5. fhirzall

fhirzall Guest

Best Answers:
    I started with "Build your own asp.net website using C# and VB.net", it basically goes through building a whole website with you step by step in simple terms, but it uses notepad to code, which isn't realistic since you'll probably be using visual web developer. Its also not asp.net 2.0 but 1.x so you'll find 2.0 has some different things.
    When you do get a beginning book and get into it, I recommend Wrox Professional Asp.net, 1200 pages, but covers most things, you could also try out the wrox beginning asp.net, then go to professional. Most book websites offer sample chapters, so just check that out and see if you can understand how the author explains things.

Edit: Make sure you check out those videos on the asp.net website that say "New to web development" (sorry can't post links :( )

fhirzall, May 10, 2006 IP
  6. articlebazar

articlebazar Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to build some small asp.net projects when you're learing the asp.net is a best way to improve your asp.net programming skills.

articlebazar, May 25, 2006 IP
  7. Postingpays

Postingpays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are some basic books available to get a start and for hands on practive. Microsoft Black Book is the key among them. Coding techinque is also a good book. Try having MOC. hope it will help

Postingpays, Aug 15, 2006 IP