1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Someone Help Me Install Mods for phpBB forum to prevent spam?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by tvanslooten, May 22, 2007.

My phpbb forum (version 2.0.22) is getting hammered with spam. I have the captcha deal turned on as well as email verification but it doesn't seem to matter. I don't know a thing about mods, what mods I need, or how to install them to cut down on this spam.

I posted a "help wanted" ad in the "services/programmers" section of this forum but just in case nobody is willing to help me with this for a fee, can anyone here tell me specific mods I should consider that I can try to download and install myself?

Travis

tvanslooten, May 22, 2007 IP
  2. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help here. Not for any fee, for free. But I need a PM from you with more specific details including the URL and few spam posts and links to users who spammed.

inworx, May 23, 2007 IP
  3. BFTUK

BFTUK Banned

Best Answers:
    BFTUK, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  4. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I usually run a few different groups.

Normal registered members can ONLY reply in existing threads. Once they've been verified as being a real person not a spam bot I add them to a special Group with permissions set so they can start threads in any sub-forum.

I also find Admin Mass Delete Users is very handy to keep up with deleting registrations which are obviously spammers.

Reprobate, Jun 6, 2007 IP