1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone help me figure out this movie's name?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Chewin316, Dec 11, 2016.

So i have been trying to find out about this movie since last time i saw it which was....9 years ago? it was on HBO and i forgot the name of it.

It was about a man who borrows money from his brother's wife i think and uses it to buy a place to open up a bar with his friend. The movie goes with him trying to make at successful. While doing that he also has a nephew ( i think it is) the son of the woman who he tries help and get him out from being with the wrong crowd, allowing him to work at his bar and learn how to cook from his top chef (who's an immigrant and worked at this rivalry bar until he was payed double in order to work for the main character ).

It all works good for him but then things start to go downhill, where his bar doesn't bring anymore customers no matter what he tried (One attempt was having a band played which was successful, until the neighboring stores and such reported the noise which made them take out the band cause of no license). His chef was also threatened by the owner of the rivalry bar to come back to him or he will report him as being an immigrant and get him deported. Just when you think it doesn't get worst he loses his bar in the end and gets thrown out of it by these mob who now rightfully own it. and that how it ends, his friend ends up giving up on the bar and future businesses, he loses trust from the woman as she gave him a chance, when she knew about loans he always got even from his husband, and the kid ends up hanging with the wrong crowd again after his top chef left and went to the rivalry club. Final scene is him on the back alley of the place drunk and on the floor after being thrown out. Oh and there was a scene before he got thrown out where he was dreaming of everyone being together again in the bar surprising him, like the chef, the musicians, his friend, the woman and the kid, which i thought that's how the movie was going to end LOL

I tried to google this but so far no clues, anyone knows it? first movie that i really loved since it was about business. it gave you the true aspects on operating one and what can really happen in real life as you can see from the ending. Thank you guys!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Chewin316, Dec 11, 2016 IP