1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can somebody explain the reason of this

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alexo, Oct 5, 2004.

I have news site (4 years old), which is updated 5-6 days at week (20-25 per day).

last 2 months my traffic was increasing , and if before that i have 1500-2000 uniqs/day, for this last 2 months it increased to 3000-3600. the most interesting fact is that every week i check 100-300 plus visits. and if 2 months ago i have 5 gb traffic, for this last months i make 20-25 gb/month.

everthing was well, only at the start of september i went on vocation for a 7-8 days and didn't update site 5 days.

when i come back and check my servers stats i was amazed. starting the second-third day of my vocation site stats decreased from 3600 => to 1500-2000/day and is keeped this day (2 week). as my site is a news site (like a weblog) google and aol (95% traff is from this se-s) visit my site every day.

my question is :
    can this 7-8 days of my vocation (when site isn't updated) be the reason of such a phenomenon (uniqal visitors stats decreasing 2X : 3600=> 1500-1800).

or i must search other reason ?

alexo, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    This happened to me as well. I'm still trying to figure it out - it doesn't seem to be a content issue.

I have a sneaking suspicion it was my ad being rotated off high PR pages (the advertising coop).

Are you using the coop ?

john_loch, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    I'd analyse the trafic pattern a bit deeper.

Could be someone screen scraped, iframed or syphoned off.
    Check if you had specific IP's demanding traffic outside of aol and other proxies.
    Present traffic may be true traffic and someone hopped on and off... happened to me and I had to ban IP's
    M

expat, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  4. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course i check it. and don't think that the reason in this. also i sell some products on my site and my business is going down too :-(

hmm ... i don't using any coop.

alexo, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what is the site in question?

debunked, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  6. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry, don't understand ur question?

alexo, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what is the website you are talking about? We can then look at it and see if anything is not quite right somewhere.

debunked, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  8. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alexo, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  9. harver

harver Guest

Best Answers:
    I think that around Sept 3rd there was a major swift in Google results, which made many websites sink in the SERPS.

harver, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  10. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm ... are u sure?
    and can i ask what other SEO guru think about this ?

thx

alexo, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  11. harver

harver Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I cannot recall where I read it (some SEO forum probably) but I'm almost sure people were talking about this. Maybe you should just check your position in the SERPS, if your traffic comes from search engines...

harver, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  12. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course i check my positions in the serps ... and the picture is very interesting. after my vocation they are going a little down, during this 1-2 weeks i can return some of them to their previous positions.
    my opinion is that my site loss positions in serps for secondary keywords, but not on main keywords or keyphrases which give me the main traffic from SE-s. so i cann't tell that i loss so much positions in serps ... (IMHO)

and another question:
    have a new site, which is live 2-3 months, as i don't did any adv and marketing, site had near 5-10 visitors per day. at the end of september i update site 2-3 times , and after that my site stats show 650-700 visitors/ day !!!!
    and the most interesting fact was that all visits are from one IP (64.71.144.51.** - ). it continue 1 week. now the picture is the same 6-10/day

what u think , it's one of the se-s visits? and if yes, why he check so often during one week and why results after this SE update are the same ?

thx

alexo, Oct 7, 2004 IP