1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Sitemap damage listings?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by iluvm, Jan 24, 2006.

Hello,
    My site www.iluvm.co.uk was never into top ten pages on google for any of my keywords, it was listed on about page 14! :mad: . Then I appeared on page 13 and slowly crept up to page 5 where it seemed to stagnate.
    SEMrush
    I then created a google sitemap and within 3 days my site was back on page 13 :confused: Anyone else experienced this?

Can the sitemap cause this? I can not see how but strange how after a few days my sites back to the dark pages no one looks at!

Can anyone see anything on my site that Google hates?

iluvm, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think it was the site map since google suggest creating a site map. I believe what you are seeing is the datacenter reverting back to old data.

Las Vegas Homes, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rankings fluctuate all the time.

Sitemaps help google find all of your pages without you having to worry about making a link to all of them. They won't affect anything else.

dave487, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  4. bengalicddvd

bengalicddvd Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have a similar experience. Check this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=51811

Thanks
    BengaliCDDVD.com

bengalicddvd, Jan 27, 2006 IP