1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Revenue Sharing Here Result in Clicking on My Own Ads?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by tschrock, May 27, 2006.

I submitted my AdSense publisher ID so I could also cash in on some of the revenue sharing Digital Point offers in this forum. The other day I saw an ad that I thought was interesting and I nearly clicked on it.

But then I stopped and thought, whet if this ad is displayed using my publisher ID? Would I in effect be clicking on my own ad? Would I be committing the ultimate Google AdSense sin that could banish me to the depths of contextual advertising hell?

I did not click on it because I didn't want to risk it. So, am I a good candidate for religion, or is there some mechanism here that makes it safe for me to click on ads that I am genuinely interested in?

tschrock, May 27, 2006 IP
  2. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    No you won't ...
    The revenue sharing system has been designed in such a way, that you never get to see your own ads, so there is no chance at all clicking them!
    Abhishek

-Abhishek-, May 27, 2006 IP
    tschrock likes this.
  3. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are not logged in to DP I think ;) Then I believe you will see your own ads.

MatthewN, May 27, 2006 IP
    tschrock likes this.
  4. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be quite the loop for DP. There is no revenue to share if everyone is afraid to click on the ads...

tschrock, May 27, 2006 IP
  5. MatthewN

Best Answers:
    I am sure many guests browse the forums too. No idea what ratio compared to members though.

6. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about if i just not log in, just wanna talk a walk for some minutes on this forum, see some ads, which is with my pub-id, and at the same time, i'm connected straight to my adsense account with google desktop plugin or firefox toolbar, and then click on those ads ( my pub id ), what would you think will happen ??

rewlie, May 27, 2006 IP
  7. MatthewN

Best Answers:
    Dont do it ;) Just dont click on the ads if it concerns you too much.

8. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    And that is the lesson, webmaster should never click on the ads, it is just design for legit visitors :), who really wants to know what is that ads is all about ..

rewlie, May 27, 2006 IP