1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can PayPal acces my bank account without my permission?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by nickflame, Mar 28, 2007.

I am still confused about this:
    I have a Paypal account and let s say that i will verify it using a bank account(i haven t done it yet.)
    No, my paypal account or paypal balance will consist of all the money i have on my bank account or only of the money that i have transferred to my Paypal account.?
    Unde ANY circumstance can Paypal take funds from my bank account without my permission ?- no matter if there is chargeback or 180 days hold or whatever, I mean i do not want to scam anyone but I do not want to be scammed and i don t want to give paypal access to my bank account;
    So if they get mad on me and want to close my account or whatever they will take all money that i have on my bank account?
    Please guys help me i am still thinking whether is worth to work with paypal or not.
    I want to use paypal for small transactions but on my bank account i have great money- to pay my tuition and so on, and i want to separate this 2; for several bucks to be scammed of thousands

nickflame, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. Freelance GD

Freelance GD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they can not access your account without your permission. Your bank have some policies and they do not let everybody check your account. You are customer of that bank and Privacy is your Right. So, dont worry and dont ever try to play with Paypal :)

Freelance GD, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Paypal will not withdraw from you without your permission. You really don't have anything to worry about. Only a request from you and you alone can withdraw from your account.

So basically, your fears are unfounded.

eddy2099, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    Disguised likes this.
  4. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    "dont ever try to play with Paypal"
    what does this mean? I should not open an paypal account?

5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, what he means is be honest with Paypal. Comply with their TOS and AUP and if you cannot agree with it then don't just ignore those parts and sign up.

The thing is that there are people out there who are not supposed to sign up for a paypal account but do so, those include people from non-approved paypal countries, under the age of 18 years old or use fake identity and details such as fake address, use non-bank issued Virtual Credit Card which are unverified or use the account to commit fraud.

Stay honest and you have a good time. Try to get around their terms and be burnt ... badly.

eddy2099, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok guys, thanks, right now i am going to verify my paypal account; I am honest, i am from an approved country, i have over 18,i am using my identity and i do not see any reason to have problems;- though i heard some horror stories about it.

7. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    But they do charge your Credit Card if your account has insufficient balance for chargebacks etc.

I dunno about Banks as in India, they dont allow Indian Banks.

inworx, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  8. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, they don't automatically charge your bank. Infact they simply can't without your authorization and bank will only process funds when they will have an ok call from you. So you don't need to worry about that.

Disguised, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  9. titan_lyy

titan_lyy Peon

Best Answers:
    they can do that if you are subscribed to a service that has recurring payments.

titan_lyy, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  10. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not subscribing to any strange service so basically i will keep it to have several bucks, to register some domain, to pay the host, eventually to receive some money from other people for selling small websites, and stuff like that;
    So, in this situation, can they access my bank account?
    In which situation they can access your bank account and withdraw funds without your permission?

nickflame, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, in short. In NO situation will they access your bank account without your permission.

They can only take funds from it if you request them to do so.

I think they cannot be clearer in their FAQ

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...prior_transaction_id=14027&answer_id=16777221

eddy2099, Mar 29, 2007 IP