1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can making a real life fortune have become this easy???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by magalhaes2007, Nov 1, 2009.

There has been a huge offer of turnkey websites, many of which apply many SEO principles, robot.txt, keyword driven articles, good ad placement, adsense/chikita swaps, appropriate keyword density, content rotation just to name a few. Some are claimed they were originally created by a top web guru back in 2006 who was generating 130,000 page impressions a day and went on to become a NYT list bestseller..:rolleyes:
    Today, these turnkey web sites sell for as low as $3 on Ebay and I can only guess there are many published out there. The url above is a good example even if is not 100% ready.

Question: is there any indication that Google is actually punishing sites that crop up with hundreds or even thousands of pages from day 1??? If not, would these sites be money makers by the sheer size they have? Sure, some of the keywords or maybe even most keywords can be sand boxed but when you have 1345 pages on day one.....wouldn't the odds still be on your favor?;)
    Thank you in advance for any help that may come my way.:)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    magalhaes2007, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  2. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody is making a fortune from these. That is why they sell them for $3.

DubDubDubDot, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  3. magalhaes2007

magalhaes2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK the word Fortune was a really bad choice.My apologies.
    Let me do a better job of putting real numbers on the table.Friends have told me they are making an average 5-6 dollars a month on a site that takes 10 minutes to set up. If you can manage to have 150 of these in a month's time, that would provide you with 750 $ monthly, not a bad amount on my book. Within a year, earnings seem to top around 10 dollars a month, with a total of 1500 in earnings month;y earnings or US$ 18,000 annually. On Wall Street you need to invest over half a million dollars and light candles everyday for a year to make that on a fixed income investment.

magalhaes2007, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  4. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    That per site figure is more realistic, but I'm not a fan of the "find something that works and repeat ten billion times" method. You don't want all your eggs in one basket. It is both limiting and risky.

Another issue is Google deciding that these sites were made for Adsense and banning you. Now if you want to buy a cheap ready made site and use it as a starting point for content that is more customized, go for it.

DubDubDubDot, Nov 2, 2009 IP