1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Keyword Tracker Be Adapted for National SERPs?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by dburdon, Oct 14, 2009.

I've going through the php script and notice it refers to Google.com, Yahoo.com and Bing.com.

The old version of the keyword tracking service could be adapted for Google's national search engine results pages, e.g. Google.co.uk.

Can the results for this be found by adapting the php script to feature Google.co.uk etc?

dburdon, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think so to be honest... I believe Google unified all the countries for the AJAX API to run through ajax.googleapis.com

It may work as UK results if you put the advanced usage script on an server with a UK IP address. I'm not sure if Google is geotargetting automatically, but I suspect there is a good chance they would be.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  3. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

its great to have the keyword tool back. Thanks for your efforts. I do have the php script running on a UK server. This still returns different results from those achieved on Google.co.uk but its much better than no (or manual) results.

dburdon, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... okay. That kind of sucks (I really had no way of testing it since I don't have access to non-US servers). But I guess it's just a limitation of Google unfortunately... can't really think of a way around it without screen scraping normal Google results (which I'm not going to get into).

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2009 IP