1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i use youtube videos or non-text contents as blog posts on my blog?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by usoroakpan, Dec 24, 2016.

I am having issues, i wanted to ask if i can use youtube videos or non-text contents such as podcast as blog posts. Is it plagiarism to use youtube videos in text formats in my blog. I transcribe the videos manually and i also use my own words where necessary. So is there anything wrong with that or am i violating any policy?

Please i need answers

usoroakpan, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  2. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi: You can use YOUTUBE videos on your blog. When you copy the link from the YOUTUBE video your audience should be able to recognize that the content came from YOUTUBE.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Jan 7, 2017 IP
  3. ltsune

ltsune Member

Best Answers:
    To add to what Dan has already said;

I'm afraid you won't be allowed to simply transcribe the video word for word - that'd be considered plagiarism.
    I thought about that exact strategy quite some years ago now, but decided not to do it as I wouldn't want to just steal the content YouTube creators had made already.

However, you're absolutely free to embed other people's videos and write some text before and after the video, which talks about the same subject as the video.
    That'd be fine.

ltsune, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  4. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also, I would make sure to refer the source as well as possible.

buffad, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  5. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Transcribing without authority would not be good. You could, as said here, discuss the video's topic instead and give your own opinion about it. That would be better and would help your readers know your thoughts.

Milliardo, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  6. gracekkk

gracekkk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why not do that?

gracekkk, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its not ilegal but the only think its not alowed to copy from other and you will have problems only if a person reports you to youtube ,i mean it will delete your video etc

Spartan14, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  8. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should be fine if you don't focus on greatly well-known movie clips like with over 100k opinions. If you find little movie clips in the 50k or less variety that fit your topic requirements, I think it would be including value to personally write out it, because transcription videos needs a lot of attempt and you should be compensated with some seo advantages if you put in that work.

robinymym, Feb 7, 2017 IP