1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I use with iOS related Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ByteKnight, Jul 9, 2015.

?

is it legit or not?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Good day, can anyone confirm that using any iOS related in domain can be potentially claim by apple company? Im not sure if it's legit to use with ios in domain, for example "iosguides.com".

here's my other question from Quora, Neek said that it was already trademarked by the apple company. https://www.quora.com/Can-I-use-an-iOS-related-domain

advance thanks for the people who will respond. ;)

ByteKnight, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the iOS trademark is actually owned by cisco, but licensed for use to apple ( pretty nice of them ;) ). Apple doesn't have the greatest track record of acquiring names + trademarks of their products beforehand. But they have been known to hammer down on those that do. Both policies don't provide much in the way of fair use. Legally speaking, I wouldn't use iOS in the domain. It's never worth it to develop anything on a name that can be pulled out from under you. In this case, you'd be fighting 2 giants.

sweetpea69, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  3. SalvadorWilliam

SalvadorWilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    In my views you should not use such letters in your domain untill and unless you are associated with such brand or you are registered with the brand.

SalvadorWilliam, Jul 24, 2015 IP