1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I use Adsense on a free domain like geocities

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by arounddelhi, Sep 25, 2005.

Hi,
    Can I use a free domain and paid web hosting to host my web site and use Adsense in that. Are there any restrictions from Google on this.
    Anand

arounddelhi, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I had a site approved which was running on my free web space. So unless things have changed I would say yes but at the same time I would say check with Google.

That said, let me suggest you don't do it.

My free web hosted site gets reasonable traffic. Now if I move this site I have no access to a control panel and will have no way to put in a 301 redirect.

There are some real cheap hosts out there. I would highly suggest you start with one of them.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  3. randymorin

randymorin Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is allowed on free hosted services. Geocities is not different than hosted blogs which have long contained Adsense.

randymorin, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  4. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    I have free hosted sites where I have adsense, but that is just answering your question straight. However, I endorse the views of Smyrl.

medusa, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  5. arounddelhi

arounddelhi Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me re frame my question- I have paid hosting with me I just want to usae a free sub domain, then is it possible.
    Anand

arounddelhi, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    There will be no problem with running adsense on a subdomain so long as there is no TOS violation. Once accepted in the adsense program you can run on any of your sites that comply with the TOS.

Good luck,
    Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  7. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is allowed to any hosting type. Just make sure that the host of your site doesn't publish any contextual ads other than Adsense.

kawebspy, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  8. vlerian

vlerian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we can use blogger for adsense, so it wont be a problem to place adsense on free web site (hosting). for geocities, thay have a text ads, right?

vlerian, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    You can place adsense on any kind of Webpage, no matter where it is hosted, as long as it is within the TOS of google Adsense.
    e.g.- you can not place your adsense on the pages hosted by prohost free hosting as they place their own adsense on the pages
    I think geocities is fine as even they do place ads on your pages but they aint contextual, seems okay.

The Webmaster, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  10. OrangutaN

OrangutaN Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no problem with free domain as long as you site looks good enough and not under contruction. :)

give it a try

OrangutaN, Oct 3, 2005 IP