1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I trust my Hosting Company?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by buckmajor, Jul 22, 2012.

Hey yall,

I have changed from 2 hosting companies in the last 5yrs. I need to know if I can really trust my hosting company? My site has shown an unusual hack on one of my site. This site was getting lots of traffic. So I found the Malicious code which someone changed/altered without my permission?? Now there is no WAY anyone figured out my Cpanel password otherwise my whole site would of been screwed. I studied up on Malicious code, Malware and Hacks but still no evidence of what caused it. After disputing with the hosting company, not long after that my personal site got hacked!! I find it very suspicious of the hosting company after making a complaint??? I am very cautious of building a site that could generate some decent money if a hosting company has some way of violating my personal privacy without my consent.

Please let me know your opinion on this matter?

Many thanks in advance
    CHEERS :)

buckmajor, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  2. Cheapvpsoffers

Cheapvpsoffers Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The password is not always way of getting the website hacked. It can be hacked because of outdated versions of software you use like wordpress or joomla. It can be hacked using the mysql injuction. Rather than suspecting host, I would suggest to consult with them and find the cause. If they are not trying to help at all. Its time to find good host.

Cheapvpsoffers, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  3. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will suggest you to buy a dedicated IP and use SSL - this helps a lot.
    Recently 3 days ago, there was a hack attempt on my website but hacker could not succeed somehow.
    We are using a firewall on our server also as well as we have protected our webpage with encryption too.

Good luck
    Regards,
    Toniya

toniya, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  4. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think you should find another hosting provider. We are still alive with many many options. Why did you stay with them when you can fill budget and move away?

Hostname.club, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  5. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What if I'm using normal HTML with JQ, etc?

buckmajor, Aug 1, 2012 IP