1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i sue a Pizza Place for burning hot Pizza?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by TheProxyNetwork, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think too many judges would take your case seriously, and it would probably get thrown out before it makes it to court. Your case is not similar to the McDonald's coffee case for a number of reasons. First of all, McDonald's was serving their coffee much hotter than other fast food chains (internal memos indicated it was a cost-saving measure because they didn't want to reheat coffee that had already been made). Second, because McDonald's coffee was scalding hot when it was served it had the potential to cause serious burns within seconds of contact, which is what happened to the woman who sued. Although it should be obvious that coffee is served hot, McDonald's included no warning to indicate that their coffee was served exceptionally hot. Had they served their coffee 40 degrees cooler, which was about the temperature their competitors served their coffee, the likelihood of severe burning would have been much lower.

Your case involves a piece of hot pepperoni that caused a very minor burn that apparently didn't even require medical attention. There's no way to even verify that your injury was caused by the pizza, other than your word. By the time you present this case to an attorney there probably won't even be enough evidence to prove you were ever burned. Just complain to the pizza place and try to get some free food out of it.

davewashere, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  2. Pudge1

Pudge1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn't sue them. Talk to them and tell them what happened so 1. It probably won't happen again 2. They may offer you some kind of free pizza or something. Suing someone because you burnt yourself, you burnt yourself. It does not matter if they put pepperoni on it when you did or did not ask for it because you are the one who bit into the pizza without checking the temperature. If you did leave it alone for that amount of time which I doubt you did because pizza at any temperature should be able to cool down reasonably within that time. And if you did leave it alone and it was that hot if you either swallowed it or spit it out after that happened you would not have sustained serious burns, you didn't have to keep the pizza in your mouth if it was hot. Don't blame the Pizza Place for what you did.

Pudge1, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  3. 5867dude

5867dude Peon

Best Answers:
    You could sue if you are like me (vegetarian) as you could argue that you ate meat without meaning to. If you get me.

5867dude, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  4. SkullKing

SkullKing Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup you can sue but you will just get laughed at, would be good marketing for Champions pizza aswell'

SkullKing, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  5. SeBrantigan

SeBrantigan Peon

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and take them to court, but only if you want to pay the legal costs.

SeBrantigan, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  6. SCLocal

SCLocal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe your mom can kiss it and make it all better.

Next time be a little bit more careful with hot food items.

SCLocal, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  7. Fraz!

Fraz! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is why we can't have nice things.!

Fraz!, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  8. Zizzi

Zizzi Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on dude. This is ridiculous. Get over it.

Unless you are going to be scarred for life, give it up.

Zizzi, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  9. Scott M Channer

Scott M Channer Peon

Best Answers:
    people make me sick man alive what you going to eat a cold pizza no its not negligent on thier part by any means. why didnt you have them do a new pizza for ya if they in fact did miss up the order? it also has to be pernament or serious damage dont know if that is spelt right for a lawyer to take it. I doubt a burn mark would qualify as serious or pernament. hell i would like to sue playboy for giving my hand carpal tunnel if that be the case lol

scotty

Scott M Channer, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  10. Defcon1Media

Defcon1Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    ahahaha. I eat pizza atleast once a day and I manage to burn myself too much. I usually just can't wait for it to cool down but come on now, seriously? There are labels all over hot items saying "caution may be hot" for a reason..

My mom burned herself last week on frenchbread pizza and was too embarrassed to go to work the next day because the burner turned into a blister that look like a herpe.. haha!

If you really want to make money to sue someone, wait outside a bar/club where rich people go to drink, wait for one to get in their car and run out in traffic..If you are thatttttt desperate. :D

Defcon1Media, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  11. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, folks, I think the OP got the point already:

At least, hopefully he did. Carry on, everyone.

Dave Zan, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. emofree

emofree Guest

Best Answers:
    lol well I guess you can charge it to experience thou

emofree, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Pretty much say's it all.
    You can sue anyone for anything that you want. Hire a lawyer. Pay him an ungodly amount of money to take such a frivolous lawsuit and go to court and explain to a jury that you were either too drunk, or too stupid to feel the heat of a pizza fresh out of the oven before you bit into it, and that you deserve some money for pain and suffering.

I highly doubt that this was some sort of nuclear core pizza that stays so hot after letting it cool that it will burn the skin right off of your face.
    You should have let it cool. There is no 5 minute rule, and every moron in the free world who has ever had a pizza knows that they do occasionally come piping hot.

How are you going to prove in court that you are not as smart as the average moron ?
    If you can prove that a reasonable person would not have expected a hot pizza, then you may have a case.

hmansfield, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  14. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ibn Juferi, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  15. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it could be if people keep talking about it.

Great, I brought it up again...

Dave Zan, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  16. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, grow up. Now you have learned that pizza is hot. If anything, you should thank them for that valuable lesson that most people already worked out many years before.

SmallPotatoes, Aug 19, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.