1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I still get backlinks from Directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by TA_Maria, Feb 28, 2014.

1. hg9x

hg9x Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good

hg9x, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  2. KingJabeyt

KingJabeyt Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can, just don't bomb your site with these backlinks one time. Make it natural like in a span of 3 months directory link building.

KingJabeyt, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  3. himel2011

himel2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if new site then submit first on dmoz and others , just keep mind you need to select proper category..

himel2011, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Is DMOZ still being actively managed?

Mia, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the dmoz is actively managed, volunteers are managing the directory. I have two of my sites listed at DMOZ after trying hundreds :)

pradip200, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  6. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's both-and. Look for well-run directories WITH high PR to pass on, that will provide you a contextual do-follow link. Whether its PR is manipulated or not, the point of the backlink is to provide that juice to your site, whereas a low authority directory domain cannot, no matter how well run.

melprise, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  7. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think PR is not a factor, What is important is well managed Directory which following latest SEO rules

pradip200, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I agree on the PR part and the "well managed Directory" part, but what exactly are the "latest SEO rules"?

Mia, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  9. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    latest SEO rules excludes bulk directory submission, bulk link building at a short time etc etc :)

pradip200, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  10. Floralys

Floralys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR, domain age are all useless. People chasing high PR directories is so... 2005ish. What really matters is the EDITORIAL DISCRETION.

The website title should be it's official name, not some "Best SEO Company, SEO, BEST" spam
    The description should be an objective one, without words like "we're the best", "we're the leading..."
    etc.

Here is a table containing the ED value as well, just sort the table according to that and you'll discover some interesting facts:

http://www.jasminedirectory.com/comparison-between-the-strongest-35-web-directories.html

Floralys, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  11. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good PR is NOT useless, it is so...2014, as quality links measured by PR, in 2014, still strongly contribute to improved rankings. It remains the main shorthand way of determining the backlink sought is a quality link, in the bottom line sense. PR, and high PA, high TF are probably even more crucial to efficiently ranking today, so long as the listing is also well organized, manually approved, and the link is contextual. It's a combination, and without the complete combination one cannot open the lock to higher SE placement.

melprise, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  12. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission still effective, But quality link help to achieve your target.

scottgerri, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  13. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, about all this yada-yada about worth submitting a website to web directories or not:

In my opinion, the purpose of a web directory it wasn't for webmasters to build backlinks. The main purpose of a directory is to categorize various resources in topic based or regional categories. Web directories existed even before Google. Yeah, it's true: once people discovered the money making potential and webmaster's over night wish to "rank #1" they abused the industry in every way they could.

And about metrics... no they doesn't matter. PR it's just a value and it's to pity Google still keep it. What really matters when it comes to a quality web directory, is the editorial discretion. Many advertise themselves being in service since the 90's, but they failed over all these years to remove their dead links and modify all those spammy titles and descriptions, KW repetitions and so. Those kind of directories are, indeed, trash - because they're nothing more than a bunch of misleading lists of links.

earticles, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And these rules are established by and posted and recognized where?

Mia, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  15. Oskar28

Oskar28 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can. But be careful, because there's a lot of spammy web directories around that are not good for Google Ranking. Wordpress Footer link is good if that WP blog has a good SEO quality contents or ranking.

Oskar28, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  16. Omarsaady

Omarsaady Guest

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, it’s abetter move to search Google for niche-specific directory opportunities. One of the easiest ways to do this is searching for your niche topic and then“submit a link” or “submit your site” in quotation marks.

Here are two directory submission tips you want to keep in the back of your mind:
    Firstly,only submit to quality directories–avoid directories that look spammy or are full of promotional listings. These won’t give you much‘link juice’, and your time will just be wasted.

Secondly,avoid ‘reciprocal’ directories.There area lot of free directories that will only accept your listing if you provide a linkback to them. This means you will get a significantly weaker link than a one-way link. Also,if the directory is seen as poor quality by the search engines,you could be penalized for linking to it.Therefore,only go for one way directories.

Omarsaady, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  17. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rules are being made my us (White Hat SEO Masters) :)

pradip200, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The irony of WH is that 99.9% of the WH are BH and full of BS.

Mia, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  19. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this may be your perceptions :)

pradip200, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  20. Lalit Panwar

Lalit Panwar Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can build backlinks from directory submission. but do directory submission only good website. check domain authority , page rank, and last crawled by search engine.

old directory website is good for building backlink

Lalit Panwar, Apr 3, 2014 IP