1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I Split Product Pages Without Diluting SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kkorma, May 10, 2018.

Can I Split Product Pages Without Diluting SEO?
    I'm having a new ecomm store built (PrestaShop) and have some products with over 100 colours which makes a very large table to display on a mobile!
    We can split each product, eg: 'Product A', into 5 groups of colours: blues, reds, etc. So we would make 'Product A' in to a category, and have 5 Products: 'Product A-Blues', 'Product A-Reds', etc. But how can I concentrate all the SEO value onto the 'Product A' cat page and avoid it being split with the 5 (sub)product pages?

kkorma, May 10, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, my guess is that you have links pointed towards your product pages.

The link juice will only pass to the page referred to and not the other.

mrb1129, May 10, 2018 IP
  3. kkorma

kkorma Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I'm more concerned about future links, but because there would be 5 pages with different colours of the same product, and one page feeding them all, future links would be split between 6 pages. Isn't that going to be much less effective than having all colours on a single page and all links going to that one page?
    Is there a better way of dealing with the excessively large page?

kkorma, May 11, 2018 IP
  4. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look if there will be separate pages then you will need links to each of them separately.

mrb1129, May 11, 2018 IP
  5. kkorma

kkorma Peon

Best Answers:
    OK so it sounds like organic links from customers will be split over the 6 pages, as chosen by the customer.
    If I used rel = canonical on the 5 product pages, all pointing to the category page, would it concentrate all the link juice on that page?

kkorma, May 12, 2018 IP