1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can i send 10.000 messages per day using just phplist and my server(vps) ?!

Discussion in 'PHP' started by davidchir, Apr 6, 2015.

Hello guys , i have installed (phplist) on my vps , but the problem is, i can't send emails to (@GMAIL.com) , it works just with (@hotmail.com) i dont know what is the problem ??!,
    - second question what is the role of SMTP and is IT** nessecary** for phplist to work ?
    and how many message i can send per day using just phplist and my server?
    so if anyone can help me i will be very appericiate . thankyoy

davidchir, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  2. HMB Shiraz

HMB Shiraz Member

Best Answers:
    What's the error that you're getting? Usually poor IP address reputation will result in not being able to send to Gmail.

Also check that you have the following set up on your VPS:
    -DomainKeys set up
    -SPF records set up
    -RDNS records set up

Gmail also sniffs the content of the emails to ensure that they're not "spammy". So, if you're using spam-targeted keywords, you'll be more likely to end up in the spam folder and not be able to get a great delivery rate.

SMTP is for "sending mail to people" (it really stands for simple mail transfer protocol), but it's the best way to send emails. You can send them using PHP mail() but they'll likely get marked as spam or sometimes even undeliverable due to their headers.

There is no limit to how many emails you can send out, theoretically. You could send out emails 24/7 on a VPS, unless your hosting provider has some sort of limits set up (check their TOS--many hosts won't let you send mass emails as-is), and make sure you're not spamming people.

I hope this helps!

HMB Shiraz, Apr 6, 2015 IP