1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I market a GMB business nationally, not just locally?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by xandervolt, Mar 13, 2017.

My wife has a translation business which we want to market for english/spanish translations of birth certificates, marriage certificates, legal documents, etc.

I got a GMB for her business because at first we thought she would do interpretation as well (in-person spoken translation) but after we thought about it we figured its best to focus only on the written birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. translations.

So for the written translations we'd like to be able to get our keywords "birth certificate translation" etc to rank all over the country. Will having that GMB verification hurt in our efforts to rank our keywords nationally? If so do you have any suggestions on the best way to go about marketing the written translation so we get the most business we can? Thanks

xandervolt, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  2. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't mind me reaching a little, I think your best bet is to make a webpage if you're looking to go national. GMB locations, by and large, will only show up in organic search results for someone in your vicinity. If you're the only translation business in a large area that will help, but it's going to be very hard to make a GMB page go national unless you're a massive brand or literally the only location that does something.

My best advice to you would be to set up a cheap Squarespace or Wordpress website (with its own domain name, looks more professional) and put the relevant information on that. It'll be better for visibility and give you a much higher chance of attracting business outside of your local geographic area, far better than a GMB page would.

MaxGoodman, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  3. xandervolt

xandervolt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply,
    Sorry, to clarify I did build her a website. the address is lopezinterpretation.com
    I was just concerned that since my website is tied to my GMB and I put a 200 mile limit on the GMB for services, that my website wont show up in national searches for something like "birth certificate translation"

xandervolt, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  4. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, in that case I don't think you have anything to worry about. There are some x-factors - simply due to the local algorithm you're typically (not always) going to perform better in searches made by people in your service area, but since there's no way to make your GMB page national the best way around that is to just do a lot of good onsite SEO to make sure you're ranking for the keywords you need to catch like "birth certificate translation" and try to get business from farther way. Obviously it's a little deeper than that, but I guess my point is if you optimize your website correctly you won't be held back by your GMB page or anything.

MaxGoodman, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  5. xandervolt

xandervolt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok great, thanks!

xandervolt, Mar 16, 2017 IP