1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I improve my Adsense revenues on this site? Help!!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by bablooji, Jun 3, 2007.

I created my website http://www.celebritytidbits.com about a year ago and have been earning good monthly adsense revenue. See my traffic:

http://www.celebritytidbits.com/celebritytidbits_statcounter.png

1) How can I improve my adsense ads? I'm getting very low PPC earnings. I'm not sure if I am adsense optimised.

2) Also, my pagerank has not grown. It was a 4 but is back to a 3 now. Most of my traffic is coming from google images search. I'm afraid that if google plays with the images search algorithm, I'll lose most of my traffic. How can I improve my rank?

3) I considered selling this site, but not sure if I've done enough to optimise it and maximize my earnings. What would my site sell for?

Any guidance with my site would be appreciated. :confused:

(Maybe I'll pay for a little help?)

Cheers :),
    Bablooji

bablooji, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  2. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    care to share how much revenue you make? like a range?
    I think your placement and blending of ads is good
    you can improve your rank by building backlinks...buy some links maybe, or maybe trade some links with other celeb sites..

guy123, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. CarlosP

CarlosP Peon

Best Answers:
    Your ad placement is very good, maybe you should try to add an ad in the index page, since this should be the most visited page.

CarlosP, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  4. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    there is nothink to improve on your ads optimize . i think you must focus on traffic. you need more traffic

trichnosis, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  5. bablooji

bablooji Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm making around $300 average per month.

I don't have backlinks from many celebrity sites, and having a bit of trouble doing so.

Also, am I using too many ads? I read that having too many ads would drop my per click earnings. Not to go against the Adsense TOS, but my CTR is about under 3%.

Whats a good place to purchase links? I'd really have to figure out that text link keywords I would use...

Which brings me to the next point.... Should I change my target keywords? Maybe I'm just in the wrong niche to get higher paying PPC rates.

Any suggestions?

bablooji, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  6. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    one thing you should do is remove the little images next to your ads at the bottom of the pictures pages. this might get you a nasty letter from the Adsense man..

Tearabite, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  7. bablooji

bablooji Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I removed the little images and changed the ad type as well. I noticed the same AD design and updated it similarly in the index.html page of each celebrity.

Would it make sense to just remove the ads on the bottom? Will this increase the earnings from the other ads?

Since my overall Adsense strategy is decent, I'm supposed to work on increasing overall traffic. Whats the best strategy for this? Buying links / directories / search engine optimization?? Please give me some direction here since I feel like I've tried this without success... Any creative ideas?

Also, I cannot seem to get added to the DMOZ. Anyone know why?

Lastly, where can I buy traffic? I'm afraid that AdWords will not benefit me since my primary source of income is Adsense and my earnings per click is pretty low.

Thx,
    bablooji

OK I've added an AD to the top center of my hompage. I'm not sure it's really going to work because I don't really get much traffic to that page. It does have a PR of 3, as do a select few of my celebrity front pages. But most of my traffic goes to the actual celebrity front page. From there, they rarely see the homepage. So far, I've gotten very little ad impressions (due to low traffic) and consequently very low (1 to be exact) clicks.

And my traffic... well thats still an issue.

-b

bablooji, Jun 4, 2007 IP