1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I get link here

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Softdotmatrix, Mar 10, 2012.

Hi all

I want to know that can i get listed in this category of dmoz, http://www.dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Roleplaying/Browser_Based/. My site is game related. I have submitted my site here but didn,t get listed. Please tell me how can i listed here.

Softdotmatrix, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't waited long enough...

Actually, you've waited TOO long, so just move on, forget about it. Stop caring about the ODP, they most certainly don't care about you (their end user, your site, or their directory). A link from DMOZ is no longer what it used to be, so just don't worry about it. Spend your time getting links that actually matter.

Qryztufre, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Resource-Zone, I'm sure they love to entertain this sort of inquiry. Asking this question on DP will get you nowhere.

In other news, a DMOZ listing won't help your rankings, nor bring you any visitors. The ODP is more depressing than myspace. There is nothing left there than a few old-timers who have wasted so many years of their lives listing websites for nonexistent visitors, that they just can't let go - if they let go, it would force them to face burning so many good healthy years on nothing. Kinda like the old saying, throwing good money after bad, only replace money with time.

helleborine, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. g14nnakal

g14nnakal Member

Best Answers:
    Tour listing will be review with editor on dmoz... You can wait it 2 or 4 week...

g14nnakal, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  5. helleborine

Best Answers:
    Two or 4 weeks? More like "never."

helleborine, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  6. micky_john

micky_john Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The category in which you are going to submit your website must be appropriate otherwise DMOZ will refuse your listing to approve. Just concentrate on proper category thats fine.

micky_john, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  7. BooThemes.Com

BooThemes.Com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been waiting 2 week and still not receive any email

BooThemes.Com, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  8. helleborine

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is basically reduced to a dozen stallwart "editors" having to review a queue of 4.6 million website submissions by the time the world ends. It's not going to happen. They'll never get to review your submission, they'll never send you an email.

Webmasterworld has removed their DMOZ forum section completely. It's now a single thread that gets a post every 6 months. For some reason digitalpoint still has a DMOZ section... every couple of days some lost webmaster comes in to complain about the delay.

Lucky for you a DMOZ link is next to worthless now for SEO, and you'd get no traffic from it either, no one uses DMOZ.

helleborine, Mar 23, 2012 IP