1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I edit a UA code or do I have to start over?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by David Wilhelms, Sep 16, 2019.

I have been fumbling about in GA since the previous administrator retired without passing on passwords and other insights.

We have had a UA code on our website for quite a while. Is there any way I can create a new account and use the same UA code or do I need to start completely over and have our web developers/host update the UA code?

David Wilhelms, Sep 16, 2019 IP
  2. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    UA codes are specified to the accounts, so you have to create new account and replace previous code.

Joe Badger, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  3. Mizan Rahman

Mizan Rahman Member

Best Answers:
    If you remember the UA code then no need to create one again, if you don't remember UA code then simply create one. If you need any help about google analytics or Search Console or if you need to do SEO audit for your website pm me, its free

Mizan Rahman, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  4. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    If he can grant you full access on your email then you don't need to create one and you can keep on using the same which I guess is not an option for you but I still mentioned it as sometimes IT guys don't want to share passwords as they have other websites on the same account.
    Otherwise you will need to create a new account and create a new code.

seocorporation, Oct 1, 2019 IP
  5. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you to get rid from the previous UA as quickly as possible. Create a new Google account if you don't have any and then create a new GA code and put it on website so you can check analytics instead of someone else :)

Shahzad Jameel, Oct 14, 2019 IP