1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I Do These Multiple Blog Topics?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TBear, Jun 26, 2020.

Can I Do This As A Blog Topic

Hi all,

I began writing a blog as I wanted to share my story with my lesser-known eating disorder.
    Part of my recovery process stemmed from an around the world travel trip which I incorporated into my posts. As I've been writing this, I noticed how much I enjoyed writing about my travels and finding purpose in life. I also really enjoy photography, so I am wondering whether I could have a blog on eating disorder recovery, travelling/ finding purpose, but still optimise the traffic to my site?

I heard somewhere that having more than one topic would ruin SEO?

Are there any negative to covering all these topics? Or should separate into two different blogs - ED and Travel. But then I risk my blog being just another travel blog...

Thank you!

TBear, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  2. TheKhanOfCopy

TheKhanOfCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    no topic guarantees any seo - they ban you or only spider 1 page if you say ANYTHING interesting!

TheKhanOfCopy, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  3. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are planning to create a personal blog in which you write about many different topics, then this is fine, as money is not the primary reason you are blogging. ... However, if you are creating a blog from which you wish to earn an income, a multi-topic/multi-niche blog is a bad idea.

LewisH95, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I reckon readers will have a more personal connection if you leave them intertwined. Even if you are planning to monetise, it'd work. What wouldn't work is if you were planning to have a group of regular writers adding content, then it might be confusing about who is writing what.

FWIW I love the underlying message that travel bloggers don't have perfect lives, and that life doesn't grind to a halt if you have an eating disorder.

sarahk, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  5. zoink59

zoink59 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the first phrase of your post: "I began writing a blog as I wanted to share my story with my lesser-known eating disorder." Based on that statement your motive is to share helpful information with others who may have the same eating disorder. This is the definition of what Google wants from any blog: information written for your audience and not for search engines.

Having said that, if you have decided not to write any more about your eating disorder and prefer to focus only on travel experiences, you could consider repurposing your existing content to convert your current website into a more travel-oriented blog. Why not break down the travel blogs into categories such as
    • Traveling for Health
    • Travel to Discover Yourself
    • Travel for a Cause (charity)
    • Travel Photography
    The decision on whether to repurpose content or change the entire blog hinges on how much traffic you are getting now. A major change can shake up your traffic numbers whereas repurposing makes it possible to retain traffic through careful restructuring and 301 redirects.

zoink59, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  6. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    That would be a noblesse oblige act from you! I'm not sure if you're going to make a ton of money out of it; however, I'm sure that many people will benefit from your experience, you'll become a source of Inspiration!

Ayoub benali01, Jul 25, 2020 IP