1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i depend on google's earning for my living??

Discussion in 'Payments' started by vickyjain98, Sep 8, 2007.

Can i depend on google's earning for my living?? I m plannin to quit my job and concentrate on my website .. little confused coz i dont even know wats the basis of payment that i m earnin..& would totaly become dependent on google whims and fancy... last month i made around 1600 $ .. ??? ne suggestionsss

vickyjain98, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  2. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will say NO !!
    Ofcourse, many are earning their living off adsense but I will say keep looking for other alternatives to earn more and also alternatives for adsense too. It is possible to earn a living online but it can take some good amount of time and I personally believe it will be too risky to depend solely on adsense.
    Keep working on your site along with your job for some more time and a quality site will continue to make money !!

mixke, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't quit your job for now, you shouldn't rely on adsense only with that amounts...

Jarodboy, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. georgecotton

georgecotton Peon

Best Answers:
    seconded, to live off adsense your gonna be needing that ammount WEEKLY just to get by I'd say.

Unless of course its a part time job and you live with your parents, then i'd say thats fine :D

georgecotton, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  5. scripts

scripts Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you should not quit your job NOw and you should remain part time as you are now, try the same and new thing and you get the same results then Quit your job. i mean regular for 3-4 months.

scripts, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  6. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    You can live off Adsense but it is precarious to depend on one revenue source. If Google makes a change in their search results algorithm then your traffic can plummet overnight. SEO is a constant struggle to stay on top and Google can change the rules quickly. One notorious Google update cost me 1/2 my traffic & revenue. It's less risky if you have multiple websites and multiple income streams (Adsense, affiliate links, product sales...)

tobycoke, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  7. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    DONOT QUIT YOUR JOB FOR ADSENSE INCOME.

Some income is great to have.You never know of this adsense.

leede, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  8. Nilgesz

Nilgesz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well 1600$ is a good amount of money depending on where do you live. I think you should think about your abilities.

Nilgesz, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  9. eddie_j

eddie_j Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can rely on adsense no matter how much you make with them. Have affiliate income coming in as well. In my opinion, you need MULTIPLE streams of income to make it online for 100% of your income.

Just my 2 cents
    Eddie

eddie_j, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  10. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he is from india i guess so. In India, $1600 = Rs. 64,000. Good enuff to live a nice apartment with 3 quality meals and still save some money :D

If i was in india right now, i would live like a king :D lol kidding

godmode, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  11. nakamura

nakamura Peon

Best Answers:
    man, it depends where and how you life. if you live in New York, that's a joke not an income, but if you live somewhere in Bangla village, hell yeah, drop the job and concentrate on web.
    and don't forget, that you can monetize your site with more stuff - banners and links not from AdSense too ;)

nakamura, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    its always good do have a fallback so maybe wait a few years.

pr0xy122, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  13. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say earn atleast 20 Times what you are earning. Once you have enough savings, you know you can live comfortably for atleast 1 yr even during worst times.

godmode, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  14. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    no i won't recomend that because some times they increase and sometimes decrease and even they can be stoped if you get banned!

totalmasala, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  15. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a big amount of money regardless where you are living. Don't quit yet.

cherry_yuya, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  16. georgecotton

georgecotton Peon

Best Answers:
    Also many have reported their adsense accounts being closed mysteriously, Sometimes people get click bombed, Sometimes the folks at google are just having a bad day. So please Do not rely on adsense. If you do decide to live of the internet Then look for multiple sources, Affiliate marketing, ebay, selling services and items online.

georgecotton, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  17. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    If $1600 is more than enough for you to live on, then its worth considering. I would feel a lot safer though if it was a dozen sites making $100-150 each, spread across various niches. If its one site making $1600, and relying on natural SE traffic, I wouldnt quit your job just yet.

Vic_mackey, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  18. Hammerfall

Hammerfall Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I've been living off Adsense for the last couple years, so I guess I won't tell you not to quit your job. :p

I would recommend having more than one site that brings you in a good source of income (so that if one takes a dive in the SERPs it won't be a disaster) and having 6 months worth of living expenses in savings before you quit your job however.

Hammerfall, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  19. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Best Answers:
    Dont quit ur job!

bugmenot, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  20. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise against just using Google, but it is very possible to earn enough to quit your 9-5 job. I'd start with Google to build up a decent income, and then add more programs as you go along, dropping the ones that don't earn as much and increasing exposure for those that do.

davewashere, Sep 17, 2007 IP