1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Html Sitemap Is Better Than Xml For A Ecommerce Website.

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Ashley Sally, Jan 30, 2013.

I have a online shopping portal and a B2b portal, can the HTML sitemap is better than XML for my both websites

Ashley Sally, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  2. JhonJason

JhonJason Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are important Html or XML, html sitemap user point of view and xml crawler point of view so xml is really important for any site because as soon as crawler will visit you site and find all links on one place for faster indexing Thanks

JhonJason, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They will both achieve the same results. Whether your sitemap is in html or xml the purpose behind it doesn't change. I personally think XML is better because scripts such as Wordpress have this feature automatically configured into them. Just submit your XML feed to a search engine and it's practically the same as submitting a sitemap.html page..

FPForum, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    XML is by far the more important one to consider, especially for ecommerce sites where you may have new sections/remove sections and you want to make sure Google/etc. notice these changes as soon as possible.

In many cases with my sites, as long as you have a clear navigation structure that is indexable/accessible by search engine spiders then sometimes HTML sitemaps can be redundant.

let me know if you need any more advice!

adam andrews, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  5. copxxx

copxxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    XML is the most important because it will be crawled by search engines/robots.
    HTML sitemaps is only for humans ;)

copxxx, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    XML sitemaps = for search engine.

While HTML sitemaps mainly for humans, they can also help distribute link juice to your important sections of your website. (However, hopefully your website navigation structure also does this by itself.)

websitetools, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  7. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like this post if I could! very similar to what I said before websitetools, you're right that a good naivigation structure (with breadcrumb navigation too) will often help cover the html sitemap aspect.

I've had some clients actually not want a html sitemap as an actual design choice so had to work around it. not had much trouble as XML ones are the vital ones.

adam andrews, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  8. nilima sherawat

nilima sherawat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in case of online shopping portals or e commerce sites we need both type of sitemap HTML and xml.html sitemap is for users and xml sitemap is search engine. we normally put xml sitemap in robits.txt file for stopping crawling again and again.

nilima sherawat, Feb 28, 2013 IP