1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can google+ beat facebook ?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by dann12, Jul 1, 2011.

What do you think ?
    Can google+ beat the popularity earned by facebook ? If yes, why ? If no, why not ? :D

dann12, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  2. osmasters

osmasters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its difficult to overtake Facebook now but Google has popular search engine and I am sure it will integrate Google.com search with Google + and this can make facebook traffic down but its tough road for Google to overtake Facebook.

Google has already started to display status, notification in Google search page.

osmasters, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  3. MobyDick

MobyDick Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know if I misunderstood your question anyway Google already beat Facebook in Alexa Rankings.

MobyDick, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  4. tlovidiu

tlovidiu Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it will destroy facebook. Zuckerberg should think about some new ideas to steal. :))

tlovidiu, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  5. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not going to be easy for Google to take over the popularity but in no time it would. I see it happening really soon.

chinasa, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  6. sainshea

sainshea Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, the mighty Google will take head on head with Facebook. Google+ will surely make life difficult for FB

sainshea, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  7. jackburd

jackburd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is number 1 and Facebook is number 2 today.
    Google already beaten Facebook in that way.
    However, it will depends if Google Social Networking Site is better than Facebook..
    I think it will take a long time to overtake Facebook, it's already established.

jackburd, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  8. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google+ probably won't beat facebook as most people knew google as search engine not a social networking site.

etc, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  9. rais.hussain

rais.hussain Peon

Best Answers:
    Google announced Google+ has launched which includes Circles, Stream, The Google+ bar, Photos, Hangouts, Chat, Sparks and Profiles. I think now Facebook should work hard to get in market because people love Facebook.

rais.hussain, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  10. Manginho

Manginho Peon

Best Answers:
    oh yes Google+ will rock so hard! screw facebook with it's lead of 600million users, google has by far more influence, more trust and a wider reach! I say Google+ will burn Facebook

Manginho, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  11. masaat.com

masaat.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so

masaat.com, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  12. xubair

xubair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its too early to talk about all that. Its a good product, give it some time. Let see how Facebook responds to it.

xubair, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  13. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a good topic and it will be interesting to see how Google+1 button will change the game. The way i see it, Google+ has already been implemented by most bloggers. Checkout this www.chiprang.com and you'll see it on the floating bar. Even small community websites like inpui.com are using it. But, the way Orkut has gone, it is unlikely that + button make much different. I have not logged into my orkut account for the more than one year now after I reluctantly signed up on Facebook.

However, Google brand itself is enough to pull new user...

sumdor, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  14. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it will as it has already passions of people and they will certainly join and they have great features to offer as well.

rising_sun, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  15. gbatemper

gbatemper Peon

Best Answers:
    google+ will beat facebook, google is a much larger company and knows how to use its money right.

gbatemper, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  16. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    after watching the Google+ video and seeing all of the free services mentioned I'd say Google+ will beat FB handsdown. People are getting tired of the same old things and FB is becoming just that. FB has announced they will provide Skype services but Google+ has its own video intergration using gmail which is much better than Skype, plus all the other services that Google+ will provide.

Mark Z. best come up with something spectacular to keep its members or become just another Myspace.

Watch it here: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/introducing-google-project-real-life.html

3dPrinting, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  17. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Google certainly has a large enough existing pool of people to draw from, but if they do end up beating Facebook it won't be for a while. Facebook is a titan right now. Perhaps not necessarily king but a contender. Gotta think in the long-term.

supernal, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  18. blank_czech

blank_czech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but it will take awhile. G+'s integration with the rest of their products is flawless, especially mobile. But, there are currently no people using it because it is still in beta. I like how you can use it like Tumblr and Facebook and also like Twitter. The interface is easy to use, and you can get your data off of it easily. We'll see what happens in the future. It could be very interesting.

blank_czech, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  19. shahbaz.ali85

shahbaz.ali85 Peon

Best Answers:
    No. First, killing Facebook will take years of , but there does seem to be a lot of good feedback so far...

shahbaz.ali85, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  20. premiumlinks99

premiumlinks99 Peon

Best Answers:
    We will see how Google+ can integrate those different features, that Facebook is missing on at the moment. The outcome is the depending on this.

premiumlinks99, Jul 3, 2011 IP