1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Bing compete with Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Ethnetia, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ha>>> I use internet for about 12 hours a day for the last 5 years. I clearly remember using Bing three times... once in 2012, 2013 and this year in May just to see how it looks. For me it is as dead as a dodo

sumdor, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  2. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised the original post says he/she has such as hard time on Bing. Our software affiliates seem to make quite a bit. Are you targeting your keywords right? Now, I guess I'll see what others had to say...

Boost_Software, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  3. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing pays me to search (via rewards points that can be redeemed for various gift certificates), so I am now in the habit of always searching with them first, and only turn to Google in the event that I can't find what I'm looking for on Bing, which does still happen. I primarily only use Google for search when I'm checking my own placements.

As for the question about whether they can compete, I believe they already are. Plus, look at the age. Bing just turned 5 the other day. Where was Google when they turned 5? Still trailing behind Yahoo and Alta Vista, that's where. Bing does need to make some improvements and list a larger percentage of pages, but they can definitely compete.

BTW, if anyone is not already participating in Bing Rewards, pm me your email addy and I'll send you an invite that will give us both bonus credits.

Foxxy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  4. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is now the official search partner of Apple. Another boost for them.

Foxxy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  5. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't say soo........
    Bing can beat Google but when? that's the question we need to analyze. Now it seems quite impossible but nothing can be impossible. Ms need to focus on core rather than copying Google.
    See recent Apple adopted Bing rather than Google, so It hard to beat Google but not impossible.

mollie.fr, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  6. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, it is true that I cannot say that Bing will not beat Google but I can say right now is that Google is leading.

Joshie, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    mollie.fr likes this.
  7. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is right Now. Fact that Yahoo meet Bing, Facebook partner with Bing and now Apple going with Bing, Shows How Powerful Google is. It is the combine force of all other big companies to beat Google from the Internet Market.

mollie.fr, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  8. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing can definitely compete with Google and indeed they are. The problem is, with Google being the established number 1 search engine in the minds of most people and people being naturally afraid of change, Google will need to do some serious messing up for Bing to take the lead. Google has done a excellent job screwing up, in my opinion, because their profit-leaning strategy, combined with their attempts to continually "make things better", has skewed search results so badly that many people are finding the results of their searches to be irrelevant.

I have personally switched to using Bing, but even with my disgust at Google's ineptness and my intention to weed out Google from my life, I am forced to still use Google because, for all their faults, they are sometimes simply better at dishing out results than Bing. If Bing can focus on the relevancy and make results more suited to the searches, and Google continues allowing their greediness to screw up the experiences of searchers, I'd say yes, Bing has an awesome chance to take center stage...

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  9. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I've never used after trying for couple times just when Bing started:)

Karuna17, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  10. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Why not. Bing should go international. The same way as google. Bing should have as many as possible languages.

arrisweb, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  11. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Bing has done so good and will do even more good, in the next years it will have an interesting share of the market. I love Bing, its layout is very clean with so many options. Absolutely, Microsoft has done their homework; and in the next years we will see a huge leap forward for this search engine.

12. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you think that Bing is already International, it is used by many in other than US but the user is less.

mollie.fr, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  13. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed a trend lately of Google airing commercials on television. They've never felt the need to do that before. My initial thought was that this is a sign that Google is worried about losing market share.

Foxxy, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  14. ted knows

ted knows Peon

Best Answers:
    easier to rank in google i'm still having trouble ranking in bing

ted knows, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  15. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing/Yahoo doesn't have to compete with Google, it simply needs to exist, and keep on being a sound alternative. Having 30%+ of the search engine market makes it possible for marketers to avoid using Google if they don't want to, so long as they couple working the alternatives with a heavier use of direct links (forums, Youtube, Yahoo answers, social media, etc) for traffic building.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    melprise, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    or simply it had so much money lately that a huge marketing campaign it's what suggested to ensure its kingdom. Not necessary, but a good investment.

17. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    I think bing is popular in some region only but google is spread through out the world.

m.sivarajan, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is actually a competition already it is just that Google is so big now it can't be beaten by Bing or Yahoo (not in the near future).

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  19. yonzy

yonzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing is actually great. I like the news feature they have too. It's definitely competition, but it's going to take a long time.

The downside is, "Bing it" doesn't sound as nice is, "Google it."

yonzy, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  20. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    ahaha don't forget about "yahoo it" :D

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 18, 2014 IP