1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can bing beat google ?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by techgarlic, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Olivia newton

Olivia newton Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not possilble that anyone could beat Google , yes they can do it in other feathers like social marketing activites, but if we talk about search engines, no one ever do this.

Olivia newton, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  2. LiveDigi

LiveDigi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is too good for another search engine to beat it :)

LiveDigi, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  3. ervis

ervis Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t think that Bing will ever surpass Google because Google has already millions of users every day it will take very log Bing to reach the level that Google it is right now and when it will reach it Google will have grown more probably

ervis, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  4. Revaxmedia

Revaxmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is currently running at a loss of millions per year and Google is making profit, Bing will never beat Google, Microsoft only came into Search to prevent Google dominating it 100%. Microsoft buy Yahoo in order to increase their market share. :)

Revaxmedia, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  5. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google is best and i think that bing can not beat google in all aspect of usage...........

Irfi0009, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bing has already beaten Google.

Bing is 4 letters long. Google is 6 letters long. Bing is 33% faster. BING WINS!!!!

mmerlinn, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  7. aldis

aldis Peon

Best Answers:
    bing is just useless. they're so undeveloped compared to the big G.

aldis, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    And to DP posters, that actually makes a lot of sense to them.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 19, 2012 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  9. momchil9

momchil9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bing, probably not(I think the whole Microsoft is going down slowly but steadily) but I think facebook and especially twitter have something to say about search market.

momchil9, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither have any experience in search and have no search engine.

11. momchil9

momchil9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think they are headed that way and they will redefine searching.

Algorithms to crawl web pages is not the only way to display what's on the net you know? I think social searching is a better way actually. So does google in fact...

momchil9, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  12. sahatt

sahatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I think is very hard for bing can compete with google

sahatt, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  13. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure I read today that Microsoft are cutting the budget (or some of its losses) on Bing. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

fancydressqueen, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has been working on search for 15 years. Twitter and Facebook have been working on it for zero.
    Google has 20,000 people who work on search. Twitter and Facebook have none.
    Who do you think is going to define search on the 'net again?

15. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say that Google is unbeatable.

ceekeigh, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  16. markelhum

markelhum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not impossible to take the top seat, no matter who is your competitor...

markelhum, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  17. momchil9

momchil9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

lol that's some seriously flawed logic. The way you put it if one company takes the lead it will never be taken down. How many programmers did have Microsoft when it competed with Apple with Windows 3.11? How many programmers did have Google did have when it competed with Altavista? Same thing with facebook, twitter, linkdin, gazzilion other projects that made it to the top?

More imporatantly twitter and facebook has the infrastructure, personal, money and userbase to make it happen "over night", just like google had infrastructure, money, userbase and personal to make a social network. Guess what - 1st day - 1 million registered users. A lot of people say it will take down facebook AND twitter.

And how exactly do you know that they don't have people working on searching? I believe they do.

So yeah, I think they deffinetely have the potential to dethrone google and if they do not do it, they will bite a big portion of the market and/or it will be very specific market.

You should consider been more open minded and less being a google fanboi. If you what you are saying no company will ever succeed because there are almost 0 niches which are not occupied.

momchil9, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  18. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Talk about flawed logic. You're comparing companies at their birth to companies that are established.
    You think that because a company is big that they have the experience and knowledge to do what it took Google over a decade to develop? You know nothing about how things work. Here, I'll play along. One example: Zune.
    I didn't say they didn't. I said they have no experience.
    How many more "and/or" are you going to add to that to make it fit your prediction? You think Facebook or Twitter is going to dethrone Google by doing the same thing Google and Bing do? Why? Why should any user start using a new engine that does the same thing Google does? What would be the point?
    Oh, here we go. Whenever anyone has an opposing view they immediately get called "fanboys". What's fascinating is that you are all perked up to defend a non-existent search engine for a company that has never said it would create one, has no experience with it, it may never have one and it solely exists in your imagination. Yet you think my saying so makes me a "fanboy". So what does that make you?

drhowarddrfine, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  19. momchil9

momchil9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wat?
    Yes, you did! See post #74 in this thread. The second line.
    No, see like I said, I think google/twitter might redefine search. You should read more carefuly. I don't think they will beat google at their own game. I think they will implement new form of search.

here it was:
    In my opinion it will be more relevant, more accurate and more useful in so many ways. And that is why people will use it.

Oh and btw you said they do not have search engines, which is false. They do. As I said crawling the web with algorithms to index web pages is not the only way you can search. Facebook knows that, also Google knows that, but you don't seem to know it. The thing is that I think google will make their best to implement the new technologies into their search engine. But facebook/twitter will do a better job at this. And eventually biting a huge portion of the market. Especially at market research which is really high paying field. They already have done it. Only big companies with lots of R&D funds can afford it now. When they polish it to perfection, make it affordable for the masses and free for the end user it will kick ass.
    that's just some jiberish...

I don't defend anything. I state facts. You on the other hand get all stressed-up because someone says that your favorite search engine will lose market share to companies that have a lot of potential to do it. You just state some blank statements, read/respond only to what is convenient and forget what you said just 10 hours ago. Sounds like a typical fanboi to me.

momchil9, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    By golly I guess I did.
    iow, you think they will beat google at their own game. Like I said, they have no experience and I believe they have no one working on this. It is not their core business and they have their hands full with what they are doing now.
    Pray tell, how do you crawl the web then? Your response will be most interesting.
    So you think they can do better than Bing or Yahoo was ever able to do?
    So they can do better than Microsoft which has a far bigger budget yet loses a billion dollars a quarter on search?
    And you think they can do that in less time than Google has been working on it?
    What facts? Where are you getting your facts for a Twitter or Facebook search engine? What numbers do you have? Where are the articles describing the search engine that will compete with Google? You aren't stating any facts. You have only given opinion and guesses about something that doesn't exist.
    I'm responding to your "facts" that don't exist and you are making up as you go along.
    Far better than making things up about something that doesn't exist while pretending it's real. Is that a definition of crazy?

drhowarddrfine, Jan 20, 2012 IP