1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone tell me that how beemp3.com indexes other websites

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by manijan, Nov 29, 2012.

Hi, Actually I wanted to make a mp3 search engine like beemp3.com which indexes other websites mp3 links but I don't know how it does. Can anyone suggest any idea??

manijan, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  2. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a couple of apps published that do something similar. The way I did it was initially scrape a really good lyrics site, then break all the songs down to categories, artists and genres.
    Once you have that you can use a database or just bundle the classes up and use them. In a web based app you would have to use ajax to get the data from a webservice that you create.

The easy way is to just use a search engine like bing (I did that on this site: http://mp3downloadwebsite.com) but you loose the ability to offer preset lists as you can see.
    It will search good but not offer any auto complete.

All of that is not an easy task and one needs to be a competent programmer to create something like that.

Here is some code from just one of many music data files for a desktop application.

[​IMG]

So you have to so something like this.

Create a scraper to collect all of the data.
    Put all of that data in classes or a database.
    Create a webservice (WCF/WSDL etc) to provide the data.
    Create a search function with ajax (jQuery etc) that supports auto complete.

Now the hard part.
    Create selectors that will verify a music/video link that matches the song, create a web request programmatically to check if the media exists and what type it is, download it to your server, convert if it's not an mp3, write a file handler to push download.

Good luck in your project

DaveInFL, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  3. mp3venture

mp3venture Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    get a script from us... and u will be impressed :)
    it is using search engine from multiple sources for your new site... simple interface and easy to maintain :)

www.mp3venture.net/demo

test it out

mp3venture, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  4. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend the OP use an actual search engine. I've seen the one that your site uses and it's very poor. Notice if you type a band like "slayer" or "iron maiden" etc it's results are horrible. I

used bing on the sample site listed above and it's super accurate. If the searches are less than 5000 a month the searches are offered free, any more than that it's only 20.00 per month.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

DaveInFL, Dec 15, 2012 IP