1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone take a look at my site? Not ranking...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by *Sam*, Jun 19, 2014.

Hi all,

Finally decided to take the plunge after lots and lots of time spent researching on how to create a niche website. So I have done all of my keyword research and found my chosen keywords, created a wordpress site, done all of the on-page SEO that I can think of and whilst I only have 4 articles on there, it doesn't seem to be ranking at all despite being (I'm pretty sure) indexed.

I am by no means expecting it to be ranking very highly since I haven't yet built any backlinks except for maybe 2 or 3 but it's not even in the top 300 results which is strange as it did temporarily appear around 260 when I very first submitted it to google.

I since found that someone is linking to my site from various different domains who I assume doesn't want it to do very well since they are just strange links at the bottom of posts. Admittedly they are posts on a similar topic usually but there's around 71 backlinks showing up in Ahrefs from around 16 different domains.

I have just today sent a list of them to google via its disavowal tool but no idea how long this takes or if it will work.

Just curious if I continue to build on it that I may be wasting my time. I also am interested to see if anyone with more experience can shed some light on whether it is these links that are causing my new site not to rank or it's just because it's new. Although, I have read blogs and a lot of forums where people's new sites start to rank very quickly for well researched keywords without any backlinks at all.

I don't want to post the link to the site on here for fear of it happening again or getting worse but am happy to PM it to someone and I would be very very grateful of the advice...

Hoping someone can help!
    Sam

*Sam*, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  2. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would be happy to take a few moment to look into the SEO problem that you are currently experiencing, and offer advice for solutions to fix the issue and help get your site properly ranked at Google.

What is your domain name? feel free to PM me or just reply here for help..

The SEO Man, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  3. NicYakimchuk

NicYakimchuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sam,
    Provide your site's address. I would be happy to have a look too and give you my five cents :)

NicYakimchuk, Jun 21, 2014 IP