1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone suggest me best book or ebook for Advanced PHP

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Kimi Raikkonen, Feb 5, 2011.

I require Advanced PHP book so please suggest me the book available book for that.

Kimi Raikkonen, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  2. eugene_x

eugene_x Peon

Best Answers:
    The book that worked for me is
    Professional PHP5 (Programmer to Programmer) by Edward Lecky-Thompson, Heow Eide-Goodman, Steven D. Nowicki, Alec Cove

The authors mainly talk about the architecture of apps and OOP: not about "how to create an app that will do something" but rather about "what is the right way to create an app that will do something".

I've been in php programming business for years already but I still like to open this book from time to time and read it :)

PS. Keep in mind that it is a rather advanced book, you may find it hard if you are still not 100% comfortable with php basics.

eugene_x, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    jestep, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  4. vanclute

vanclute Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would help if you defined exactly what "Advanced PHP" means to you. It could mean anything from "how to manage loops" to "how to programmatically build an artificial intelligence algorithm" depending on the person asking. :)

vanclute, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  5. ca4nul

ca4nul Active Member

Best Answers:
    any professional edition from WROX publisher. Their books are really good

ca4nul, Feb 7, 2011 IP