1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone help with Pantone colour codes

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by proteindude, Aug 19, 2009.

Hi guys,

I spoke to this company who needs to print a sport towel for me and the towel will be red. They asked me what is the Pantone code.

I think Pantone is something used in the printing industry and I want my red to be coca cola red (or similar).

Anyone have any idea what the Pantone code would be for the coca cola red (or a red very similar to the coca cola one)?

Thanks,
    PD

proteindude, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You can view Pantone colours in Photoshop. Click "colour libraries" in the colour picker. Of course, what you'll get in the real world will be slightly different, so see a real world sample from the printer if you can.

Can't you just tell them "I want Coca Cola red" :)

[​IMG]

Kerosene, Aug 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this mate. I am not a designer and I had no idea about Pantone colours being in Photoshop. You are totally right, I should just say I want coca cola red. The trouble was these dudes (based overseas) said they want to make sure they get the colour right so it matches with my needs and that is why I should give them the Pantone code.

4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    They want you to specify a Pantone colour so that when your towel comes back PINK they can blame you :D

If you search around on the net, you can probably find the exact Pantone colour that Coke use. Either that, or go to a local print shop and ask to see their Pantone chart.
    Or you could buy a Pantone colour swatch set for a jaw dropping $3,400 USD :eek:

Kerosene, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  5. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the advice. That is why I am paying for a sample initially before placing the actual order. That way they can't really trick me unless they ask for the cost of another sample should the first one have a different colour than the Pantone one.
    That Pantone colour swatch set you were mentioning, the one that costs $3,400 USD may not be such a bad deal. It does come with free shipping after all :D