1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone get into DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by ghostwriter4you, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    duplicate :eek:

jimnoble, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By the definition of credible to the ODP, I'd need to submit it in triplicate to the staff of AOL complete with 2 witnesses and the signature of a notary. It was discussed on IM with one of the editors that stopped posting there, but is still an editor. I am NOT naming the editor in fear that if I do they will be "let go" for various other reasons by the meta team, which in turn will not bother with "credible" evidence for such a firing.

Welcome to the other side of confidentiality guidelines!

Qryztufre, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  3. worldtradeinn

worldtradeinn Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe some of you get into it but no luck for me =)

worldtradeinn, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    It can really depend on your category. The more commercial the site, the harder it is to get in. Quality sites should still make it though, but I'd suspect that many editors in those areas are very suspicious of spammers, scammers, and the like and will reject a site at the first sign of fitting in with one of those fears.

As for worldtradeinn.com (I assume that's yours) I'd suspect that it's not in yet due to it having MANY empty categories... not to mention it being a virtual clone of b2bspecial.com (which is also not listed) which is likely due to it being a clone of alibaba.com which IS listed.

5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

Heh, with your FAKE sig here, I'd suspect that all ten of your sites broke the guidelines there, as your post here has broken the guidelines of DP. I expect to see your name in red shortly.

6. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you monitor which keywords you ranked for and checked whether you moved up after your acceptance in DMOZ? The myth about Dmoz is that they're an authority website which supposedly has the seo benefits of having your website listed on 100 or 200 regular directories.

gregdavidson, Dec 14, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.