1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone explain me why is this appearing on my site?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by todachange, Jul 24, 2014.

Hey everyone.

I read some article that it says you can check some of your things about your this on your site at ahrefs.com. So I tried to check my site out but suddenly some adult thingy name appeared on my thing. I was like whaat???
    My site is about fitness thingy. and Ive never typed or putted that kind of things into my site. I am still wondering why is this happening?

im including the screenshot with this post. The blurred ones are my site's name.
    and those things are written in Russian language. says "sandra bullock p*rn".

does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Attached Files:

todachange, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  2. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    These will most likely be links that other people have created that point to your site. It's a common tactic by spammers - they visit your site, post a forum post or leave a blog comment with a spam / junk link in it, then spam lots of sites with that same link.

You, the site owner, will spot the spam fairly quickly and delete it and think nothing more of it - what you don't realise is that the spammers have planeted links back to the junk elsewhere.

It's nothing for you to worry about - providing the URL that the junk points to is either removed or fails softly/cleanly then your site shouldn't be penilised.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

Clickfinity, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  3. todachange

todachange Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the commend. but. My site still has a coming soon cover on it. (sorry forgot to mention in the OP).
    (I purchased it from someone around 2 years ago. Could the previous owner has something to do with it?)

todachange, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  4. Clickfinity

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's entirely possible - what is the site URL?

5. Clickfinity

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the PM - I've run your domain through a backlink checker and, as I suggested, the "bad" links are spam links created on other sites (some going back as far as 2008).

I doubt the previous owner had anything to do with it, but it does look as if the domain has been used for a forum site in the past as the junk links all point to what, at the time, will have been spam forum threads.

There isn't really much you can do to remove the links as most of them are on abandoned sites or ones that are no longer actively checked for spam, but they shouldn't be harmful to your new site as they are old and junk (Google and other search engines are quite good at spotting common junk links like these and shouldn't punish you for it).

Cheers,
    Shaun :D