1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anybody tell SEO benefits of parallax scrolling design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by JasonWright337, Jun 9, 2013.

Can anybody tell SEO benefits of parallax scrolling design?

JasonWright337, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. jamjar919

jamjar919 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think, or see why there would be any SEO benefits. I guess having all your content on one page is good for ranking that page, but you're only taking up one space, and it can be hard to target keywords.

jamjar919, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  3. JasonWright337

JasonWright337 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Hey jamjar I understand that all content on one page will have some SEO benefits. I have doubt that how it is possible to target all keywords on one page. Means need to optimize one URL for all target keywords. So, is there any other alternative to use parallax scrolling in a better manner?

JasonWright337, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  4. abhishekcis

abhishekcis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey i guess parallax scrolling design is good for small websites, you can easily manage content & domain. But if you have a website with lots of content then its better to create separate landing pages for your targeted keywords. Thanks

abhishekcis, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    From SEO perspective some advantages of having parallax scrolling website are,
    • Parallax website is perfect for link bait.
    • The parallax scrolling website has a higher level of interaction with the users
    • The parallax design strategy helps you to increase your website’s traffic.
    • It increases page view interval and interaction.
    • The parallax scrolling website increases the user experience.
    • Excess of Information can be avoided, as it’s a single page website.
    With these advantages it also has some disadvantages, which are,
    • Single HTML page with images and content
    • One URL is form crawling and indexing
    • The SERPs will be based on one single keyword.
    • Inheriting link juice is approximately not possible.
    • Lost its semantic structures, like headlines and text accentuation.

Alan Smith, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    1) anyone telling you that your DESIGN has ANYTHING to do with SEO is packing you so full of **** you'd think you were a rosebed. That is the most nonsensical gibberish ever; the content and how it's marked up semantically, along with it's structure could have an effect, but that has Jack to do with design.

2) Parallax design is inaccessible broken crap and I've never seen one that wasn't a laundry list of 'how not to build a website'! That halfwit idiocy based on the concept of a fixed height looks like ass on just about everything, sucks the battery dry on mobile devices due to it's layers, and on the whole is many times HARDER for users to use, much less figure out they do a blasted thing!

It is just more nonsensical garbage that has no malfing business on websites, made by the "gee ain't it neat" scriptards and their halfwit designer cousins who generally don't know enough about HTML, CSS, accessibility or functionality to be designing or coding a blasted thing!

Final tip -- when people start talking "higher level of user interaction" or "traffic strategy" on DESIGN, your scammy sense should start tingling as usually it's just more lame excuses for not being a web professional.

Ever heard the phrase "design for users, not the engines"? Well guess what, parallax design isn't it. The people who thinks that garbage 'helps' anyone, makes a page 'more useful' or in general are under the delusion it's good design -- well, know about as much about designing as they do fornicating. Usually it's the same type of re-re designers who waste 600px+ on some massive banner, idiotic fixed sidebars, fixed width layouts, px metric fonts on EVERYTHING, fixed height overflow:auto on INNER content areas, illegible color contrasts, and a whole host of other ways of pissing all over their own website -- and when questioned go "WCAG, what's that?!?"

You know, the same morons who see "practical" uses for HTML 5 because they never embraced STRICT and until a couple years ago were just sleazing out HTML 3.2 with 4 tranny on it... the ones you end up asking "Just how the **** did you get that job and how the **** do you keep it?!? Oh wait, lemme clean that brown off your nose for you."

deathshadow, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  7. JasonWright337

JasonWright337 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Alan for explaining me benefits of parallax scrolling. It will really help great in making my SEO strategy.

JasonWright337, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  8. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Benefits? WHAT BENEFITS?!?

How does an inaccessible layout, typically devoid of useful content, make people want to link to it?!? Much less you're stuck on the better ones using hash links, which people are LESS likely to discover and prevents direct linking to content. They are the OPPOSITE of link bait!

By forcing them to try and figure out a goofy inaccessible layout that makes people not even want to visit the site? How is that a good thing?

How? Particularly compared to a normal site? they are usually slower and in general less useful at delivering actual content? How does that 'increase traffic'?!?

Gibberish marketspeak.

Redundant gibberish marketspeak

Aka a lack of actual content, inability to be link bait, and a waste of time loading an inaccessible mess of "gee ain't it neat" design and development that does NOTHING to help anyone.

People are DUMBER for 'parallax design' even EXISTING!!!

deathshadow, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  9. Keltichiro

Keltichiro Member

Best Answers:
    Parallax design is pretty, personally....I think parallax sites look good on my desktop...but if I want to look at something pretty, I guess I would look at a picture. That's really all I'm looking at anyway, 4 or 5 high res photos stuck together.

Other than being pretty, they're useless. I don't think there are any SEO benefits.at all. OP, Deathshadow said it all - DON'T listen to what Alan said, because those are the terrible excuses for benefits, and if stuff like that will put you out of business.

... I think I'm one of the HTML5 morons that Death is referring too <_< (I WAS, until I realized that he's right in every thread that I randomly open up - listen to him here.)

Keltichiro, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  10. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Just one thing to think on -- search engines don't have eyes. Load a site in Opera, go into View -> style -> user mode, then also under style disable floats, and tables, and positioning. Poof, you basically have in front of you what search engines 'see'.

... and what do they see? Text. Semantics/markup... that's IT. Search engines could five a flying purple fish about what you do in the layout. (apart from google paying attention to visibility:hidden and display:none) -- Anyone telling you otherwise is packing you so full of sand you could change your name to Sahara. Packing you so full of grass you'd think you were a conversion van trying to cross the border from Mexico. Packing you so full of hay you'd think you were a scarecrow.

Content, markup, that's what search engines care about... So while as I said parallax is accessibility trash, it has not one blasted thing to do with SEO.

deathshadow, Jun 22, 2013 IP