1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Affiliate survive today?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by teohcl, Dec 29, 2011.

Just wonder can we take affiliate as a full time job today? Mind sharing me with your thought? I am currently writing some articles on this area. Thanks

teohcl, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  2. iamtheceo

iamtheceo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can make it as a full time job only if you take it serious as a regular job. You can easily achieve a full time income as long as you remain dedicated.

iamtheceo, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  3. VinCme

VinCme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely yes if you know what you are doing.. A few people I know made a good living through affiliate. It requires some skills (unless you are working as a team) like designing a mini-site, SEO, PPC campaign management, viral marketing expert etc.. From my point of view, this is kind of "tough job" at the start, but my friends seems to be doing just fine and accustomed with all of these jobs after a few months..

VinCme, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  4. edhan

edhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if it is taken to be as a source of business. Many affiliates tend to let go of opportunities after a short while before it can take off in success.

If it is a full time business and you want to survive then no matter what it takes, you will make it work. There are many opportunities and advice given by mentors, business partners, etc but finding the right business is most important factor as you will be promoting and earning affiliate income. Take your time to choose wisely and then putting 100% effort to yield results.

Patience and focus is needed to reach your goals.

edhan, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, but you gotta be good. It is same as other job too, if you are good, you make good money

lifeplayer, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  6. peterst

peterst Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is more difficult, but you can still earn very well if you put effort on it.

In my opinion, you need to have some basic money so to get yourself survive. You may do a part time job that is enough for your living. Then put your time to the affiliate project. And only focus on one or two affiliate projects at one time, track to see what make good, then grow on whatever do good for you.

peterst, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  7. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well.. I am a full time affiliate for the past year and a half. You need to be really disciplined and not let the freedom get to you. What ever niche you are into, just make sure you have a firm grasp of things.

The best part of being an affiliate is that you get to learn so much, which would otherwise be impossible if you had a regular job, even if it was to do with Internet marketing. It's risky though. You need to have enough capital to sustain yourself atleast for the first 6 months as affiliate marketing takes a lot of hard work and the results come in over a period of time and not instantly.

forexaff, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  8. tannerv

tannerv Peon

Best Answers:
    100% Yes as long as you think long-term instead of the typical short-term affiliate mindset.

tannerv, Dec 30, 2011 IP