1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a specially built microchip be remotely 'activated' / 'deactivated' ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mcfox, Oct 20, 2007.

I have just read the most fascinating essay by a guy called, William Thomas, who claims China, with a genius masterstroke, quietly included the ability to remotely activate / deactivate / do something, with all of the microchips that have been outsourced to production facilities within its control. 'Intel inside' might have a completely new meaning, lol! Sure, it sounds like something from a James Bond movie but it also has the ring of 'I wish I'd thought of it because it's genius and makes perfect sense!"

The essay is related to the August 2007 incident when 6 fully armed and primed nuclear missiles each with the explosive capability of around 180 Hiroshimas, were 'accidently' loaded onto a B 52's wings and flown across the US.

Politics aside, what I want to know is could it be done? Could microchips be built that would respond to a remote command at chip level?

mcfox, Oct 20, 2007 IP