1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a refund be made in a blocked credit card?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by aditya123, Jul 14, 2008.

Sir

I was supposed to receive a partial refund of $20. Before receiving the refund I had blocked the credit card from which I did my payment and removed it from my paypal profile. I have entered a new credit card in my paypal profile.

Paypal has said they have refunded the $20 in my blocked card? How is that possible?

Is there any way the amount can be sent to my new credit card which I have entered in paypal.

Can the seller to cancel the refund?

My old credit card has been blocked then how can the money be transfered to this card? I had to block this card because of poor services from this credit card company & hidden costs levied on me. I have taken them to consumer court. They are in no way willing to help me

Aditya

aditya123, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  2. JMN

JMN Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it blocked from PayPal, or from the bank ?

If it is blocked from PayPal, it may be possible since PayPal still keeps record of the card, and since the payment was made with the card, it may be necessary to refund it to that card for legal/whatever reasons.

If it is blocked/deleted from the bank, then I do not see how they could've done it.

It's always a good idea to contact PayPal for more information, but I doubt they will be very helpful.

JMN, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did cancelled my Amex card but one of my insurance payment provided a refund to the credit card, Amex send me a statement with the refund. I was able to request for a check from Amex which came with the amount of the refund provided by the insurance company.

I be sure that it would work the same way for you. However since you disputed with your bank, I am not sure how would they handle your case.

eddy2099, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  4. aditya123

aditya123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help. I blocked the credit card with the Bank

aditya123, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. aditya123

aditya123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can the seller do anything? Can he reverse the refund? He can pay me through cahiers cheack

aditya123, Jul 15, 2008 IP