1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a Network Share be used as Document Root for WAMP Apache2.2.17

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jhp1, Sep 28, 2011.

Hello,I'll try to be brief as possible. I have set up 2 2008R2 servers each with WAMP 2.1 which uses Apache2.2.17. On Server A the Apache document root and e has been changed from the default to D:www. This directory has been configured on 2008R2 as as both an NFS and SAMBA share using File Services-Share and Storage management. On Server B WAMP 2.1 Has also been installed and the Apache document root in httpd.conf and the is pointed at the Server A document root [D:\www] in the UNC path format of //Server A/www/. Apache is also running on Server B as administrator to enable network access since the Local System account has no network access.Lastly I must state that all of this is located in a DMZ so there is no 'domain' or 'domain accounts' both servers are in workgoroup. So far I have not been able to get Server B to serve any files from the document root on Server A. Is this at all feasible???I've already read that Apache cannot use a mapped network resource as document root.Is there any way for Apache to serve files from a non local i.e. network resource document root?Thank You,Joe Pitts

jhp1, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  2. Vinsar

Vinsar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mount the network drive on local, on windows it's called network drive, once the network drive/folder is available as local drive/path, Apache will be able to serve content from it.

Vinsar, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  3. jhp1

jhp1 Peon

Best Answers:
    By mount do you mean Map the drive ??? Because I've tryed that already. Please explain 'mount' and how I can accomplish/perform a mountThank YouJoe

jhp1, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  4. Vinsar

Vinsar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Vinsar, Sep 28, 2011 IP