1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a link to a non indexed page still give your domain rank juice?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Cesar Bielich, May 18, 2015.

Lets say I have some links pointing to pages on my site that I have chosen to tell Google not to index. Even though the pages still exist, can a link to that page still overall pass some link juice?

Cesar Bielich, May 18, 2015 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can certainly begin building backlinks to those non-indexed pages. The value of those backlinks may or may not begin to pass link juice from Google's point of view, until Google is allowed to index. It would be an interesting experiment.

How did you direct Google not to index? Webmaster Tools? Or via robots.txt or noindex, etc?

usasportstraining, May 18, 2015 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how you deindexed those pages. In a normal scenario part of the link juice will be passed but that will also aid Google to "rediscover" those pages

Rado_ch, May 18, 2015 IP
  4. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good question. However, since you told Google to not index it, would it matter if it is getting link juice? I can only assume that maybe at some point you want to reindex it?

creztor, May 18, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By link juice you mean PR right?

In which case NO BECAUSE

GOOGLE HAVE DROPPED PR.

Mkcoy, May 19, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    Link juice and PR are in fact completely different terms

Rado_ch, May 19, 2015 IP
  7. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes well that is true but link juice can also mean PR to some people as PR can also mean linkjuice to others.

OP's question of if a link can pass link juice (whether the site is using noindex rule or not) is NO. It cannot. If OP means PR by his/her definition of "link juice" it cannot anyway because PR is no longer being distributed. The engines have been switched off and will be discombobulated.

PR was never intended as a long time solution to ranking websites anyway. A lot of people don't actually realize why PR even exists or know how it come about and just take it for granted lool

So I ask OP again so we can come to know. By link juice you mean PR right Cesar?

As for PA and DA that doesn't flow like PR did but is rather a calculation of your sites metrics, content, age, Moz, Majestic, and Ahrfs backlinks etc but the only problem with that is Google is moving away from links as a metric and instead focusing more on LSI and signals.

But whether a link is passing "PR" or "link juice" or not. A link is still a link or a "vote" as far as search engines go.

So its still better to have them the earlier the better. In my experience anyway.

Mkcoy, May 19, 2015 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    I think you are overthinking things way too much in this situation and try to assume things. Never was PR mentioned in the thread and the question makes logical sense by the very definition of "link juice".

As for the actual passing of link juice, I wouldn't be very quick in giving the NO answer. There are case studies that contradict that and clearly show that some (even if a little) juice CAN be passed to a non-indexed page. As mentioned in my previous comment it really does depend how the page is deindexed in the first place ;)

Rado_ch, May 19, 2015 IP
  9. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I'm not. I definitely think OP meant PR by "link juice". But seeing as OP isn't going to reply we'll never know.

It doesn't matter how many case studies there are. Those would be when PageRank was still active.

PageRank is no longer active so no PR juice will be passed to that site (whether its no index'd or not.

Mkcoy, May 20, 2015 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's focus on this thread "Can a link to a non indexed page still give your domain rank juice?"
    We are all entitled to give our own opinions but must be on the topic and be specific as well as detailed.
    A non index page can pass link juice to the site? Yes or no? Why?
    As simple as to answer the thread and direct.

KylieSweet, May 21, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  11. usa666

usa666 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am on the side that feels no-indexed web pages pass zero page rank. They can still be valuable for traffic though if the page is popular/getting traffic. I think people should not stress out about page ranking and more about will this link help direct quality traffic to my website!

usa666, May 22, 2015 IP
  12. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but the case here is passing link juice TO non-indexed pages, not FROM them (If it was from - then indeed there would be no juice passed).

Why? How do you assume what OP meant? Was PR mentioned? There is a straightforward question and you still argue that OP might have meant something else....

Rado_ch, May 23, 2015 IP
  13. Md Shahjamal hossain

Md Shahjamal hossain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Cesar,
    I think that noIndex page can not pass link juice. I give you example here. Just thinking that A and B website A is index And B is non index. B got backlink from A . So A can pass link juice to B, but if A got backlink from B , it must can not be pass link juice because B is no index site and it's door is closed for passing juice. Its simple math that No follow and dofollow doesn't matter, Only index page can be pass link juice.
    Thanks all
    Shahjamal

Md Shahjamal hossain, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  14. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes as long as the links pointing are indexed. The pages non-indexed though wouldn't see any benefits unless they were re-indexed at some point.
    It's not wise to assume. PR is an old school metric/thought, it's time to move on from and forget about PR.

kjh-08, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  15. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It won't contribute to your Link Juice, Link Ranking et al.
    The simple reason is that the Search Engine does not know that these pages exist in the first place from where the backlinks are originating.
    If it can't find them, it won't consider them at all.

rsrikanth05, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  16. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Answer is simply -- NO. And it is not a good question, but a basic and childish question. I am not attacking anyone here, I am just saying that this is just a common sense thing. A deindexed pages means not in Google's database, then obviously how it can be counted while calculating rank or PR.

Mr_Kumar, Nov 2, 2015 IP