1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can a free app make money?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jmor, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love the fact that at least someone on DP usually agree with me, at time though :) :) :)

Kenya Writer, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, but if my first ever client was a Church or someone associated with it, I would certainly have.
    I'm not the right person to answer this question. Maybe, someone working for or associated with a Church will be able to.
    It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. This is a platform to discuss things so that we can exchange views and ideas with each other and benefit by enhancing our understanding after the exchange. Agreements and disagreements are just a part of it.

On a side note, going through some of your replies here, it seems you've taken this discussion a bit personally, though I may be wrong.

Content Maestro, Feb 8, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    I see. This is getting a bit more theological than i thought

Good to know you are not the right person to answer that question. Which actually means you have no idea about the Church audience as well as the agenda.

I never said you were wrong

4. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    Thanks for putting it in bold. I will give you that as the answer to this one.

5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    LOL. I said I'm not the right person to answer your question as to whether doing business in a Church is possible without the approval of someone in the hierarchy there.
    BTW, it has got NOTHING to do with me having no idea about the Church's audience or the OP's agenda. Any person who wishes to advertise and sell their product to an audience in a Church will get an idea about it by studying the Church and the people associated with it. For it, the person doesn't need to be associated with the Church as such, except as far as their association concerns the business in question.

Content Maestro, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Let me jump in with some clarification on this point: My conclusion about your opportunity was that you should focus on vendors (as potential advertisers) who already sell heavily into your Church's population. It is those vendors who will likely ask the question of you as to whether or not the Church approves of what you are doing with your apps. These vendors will not want to advertise with you only to find out that the Church is against what you are doing because it could hurt their existing business with the Church and its members. Were it not for the small niche that you are targeting and, therefore, the very small base of potential advertisers, I would not have even recommended that you contact the Church about your apps.

There is no legal or other reason for your business to get approval from your church. It is a sales/marketing issue for the advertisers most likely to want to put ads on your apps.

jrbiz, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    Kenya Writer and Content Maestro like this.
  7. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    Once read my comment once more before you start putting words on my mouth. I hope it doesn't suck to revise that, does it?

Kenya Writer, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  8. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:

I agree with you. Thanks for shedding a clear light on it

Kenya Writer, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Putting words in your mouth?? >:O Huh! I don't know what's caused this misunderstanding, but if you read my post carefully, you'll come to know I've just pointed out that getting approval from a Church for doing your business/marketing there and having no idea about the agenda or audience are two entirely different things.
    Just so that the discussion doesn't divagate, let me tell that I mean NO OFFENSE here or anywhere throughout this thread; I've just stated my views. Anyway, I apologize if I've missed or misunderstood anything or if I've hurt you anywhere. This is really getting nowhere; so I guess I'm out.

Good luck.:)

Content Maestro, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. ADVENUE.ORG

ADVENUE.ORG Peon

Best Answers:
    You can monetize anything ! Just think outside the box.

Ad ads on your app and in game purchase

ADVENUE.ORG, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  11. ThatDubaiGuy

ThatDubaiGuy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Op,

You can start by adding banners on your app, either top or bottom. Try AdMob.
    Lite version always comes with Ads - So, install a reward system for everytime they view an advertisement :)
    And Paid versions is Ad-Free

Good luck!

ThatDubaiGuy, Feb 16, 2015 IP